The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Health
 Lack of mussle tone.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
CoN Posted - 30/09/2010 : 22:22:57
Hi peeps.
I need advise on a snake lacking muscle tone. I bought my normal Royal from a pet shop X in July (she was born beginning of Jun). I recently bought my Albino female from Darren from Crystal palace (Awesome snake)
Darren told me the Albino was born mid Aug.

Ok now, when I got home I saw a big difference between the two Royals.
My Albino which is almost 2 months older then my Normal is MUCH bigger then my Normal. How can I put this it looks like the Albino has much more muscle tone(feeling firm) than my Normal (looking bloated and squishy like Kevin McCurly would say) .
(I saw one day at pet shop X that they feed their Royals pinkie mice they're the same age as mine!!!! And today went there to get fruit flies for my spider lings and saw their royals are still looking like hatch lings!!)

Now my concern is will my Normal Royal eventually build up that muscle tone and feel as firm as the Albino?
Many thanks.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
anatess Posted - 03/10/2010 : 06:20:09
Pinky mice is too small even for a brand new hatchling. Hatchlings usually start out at fuzzy mice or pinky rats.

Muscle tone in royals is not developed through "exercise". They don't move much. It's made by proper prey item and size.

So feed your royal properly and he should start to improve.
Blackecho Posted - 01/10/2010 : 07:50:13
As long as you're now feeding it properly it will be fine.
n/a Posted - 30/09/2010 : 22:37:53
There are few ways you can get your royal toned up (I was about to write 'snake' there but it looked very rude!)

Depends on individual, and of course on snake's state of health, which I'm assuming is fine; some snakes like to swim, some like climbing stairs if you have them ... other people may have good ideas. I like to provide climbing branches/reptivine, the same as I do for my corns, who have great muscle tone (though I say it myself). My new royal's quite a climber. There is also the good old 'armchair walkies', says she feelingly after wearing a corn snake in her semi-dreadlocks half the night - thought I'd never get her out!

It does depend on the snake - they are all different, and of course some are more outgoing than others. Hope you have some success. All the best!

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000