The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Health
 Donny Snakes

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
UncleNos Posted - 26/10/2010 : 15:41:20
Ok so who's had problems with their Donny bought Royals (or anything else for that matter)
The two Royals We bought still to date hadn't eaten one is now at >60g and the other is >55g so we took them over to my local Breeder Chris. After the pair of us had a good look at the two of them (I've tried to leave them alone as they haven't eaten) it looks as if the male is less than two months old as he's still got his umbilical cord mark clearly visible (he was supposed to be pre 10/08/10 now looks more like 10/09/10 is the real date) and the female has internal damage most likely caused by being pulled from the egg.
Why do breeders do this kind of S*&^t for an extra couple of quid at the show?
It really annoys me when they don't respect the animal, I hope they're there next year I won't miss them that's for shure.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
reptiledanny Posted - 27/10/2010 : 16:31:02
i hope she pulls through for you, did you get a contact number for the breeder, i would phone them up and give them a piece of my mind
fiestastlou Posted - 27/10/2010 : 14:27:39
aww no :( im so sorry to hear, like bats said hopefully the special feeding will help, i reallly hope she pulls thru, dont beat your self up tho about not looking her over, not your fault at all, its just one of them things mate. who did u get them off at the show?
n/a Posted - 27/10/2010 : 13:50:48
Hi, I've been wondering about that - in fact been trying to google for any info. (Nothing, I'm afraid.) I know a kitten born with a small hernia may not be troubled by it; it may even correct itself (had a kitten like this, vet said wait until spaying to see to it, and she was fine, big greedy girl) but of course a snake's anatomy is different.

Do hope that with the special feeding you manage to get her on the road to recovery, and the other one too. Keeping my fingers crossed for you all. All the very best.
UncleNos Posted - 27/10/2010 : 12:03:23
Thanks Lou it's 50/50 for her I think it all depends on what's been damaged if it's her stomach then there is little chance for her. We're going to get a mew born pup for her as the bones will be softer and try her on that. Hopefilly she'll take it and start to mend herself but for the moment I'm personally not holding my breath for her, very sad. I should have had a better look at the show, I was more interested in the male we got so lesson learned for sure.
reptiledanny Posted - 27/10/2010 : 11:59:49
so sorry for your unfotunate 2. nowadays its not a habby that breeders have, its the money they want out of it. when i tell people about my het pied pair and how much a pied would go for they all go "wow, i might get some and get that money" but for me i love pieds and do not care if they go for £50 or £500, as long as they are healthy and go to a good home. although 1 or 2 will be staying with me.
fiestastlou Posted - 27/10/2010 : 10:44:46
I luckily havnt had any problems with our skye, she eats like a pig, was abit fiesty at first, but a 4 hour car trip home n bein constantly stared out would p*** anyone off, but now shes fine, she does have a very bad wobble compared to other spiders i have seen but i guess thats nothing really bad bad, we saw the wobble before we bought her.

Im sorry to hear about ur problems :( will the one with internal damage be ok?
n/a Posted - 26/10/2010 : 19:36:41
I couldn't agree with you more - business is one thing but risking the welfare of animals is another. Recently I encountered a situation of this kind - won't go into details, but I know how you feel. Luckily there has been a happy ending in that particular case and I hope things will turn out to be the same for you.

What does Chris say about the babies - can they be assisted, or helped with something like reptoboost?

I do hope that they will start eating and getting back to normal soon - keep us posted. All the very best.
UncleNos Posted - 26/10/2010 : 18:10:49
Thanks Lilith, the dealers just infuriate me who all they see is pound signs when they look at their snakes. Sure make a profit I ran my own company for long enough to know about bottom lines but I've also kept animals long enough to know that most of them are totally dependent on us for their well-being. It's just not good enough, no wonder the animal rights activists want to shut these shows down. the IHS should be self policing, if these guys are stopped by the organizers then we all get better press.

I'm on a rant tonight lol it's just that as I said people should do better it's not much to ask IS IT??
n/a Posted - 26/10/2010 : 17:24:41
Very sorry to hear that - it's very worrying and I hope you get your babies on the right track. I'm afraid pet suppliers aren't always honest, despite the fact that the welfare of the animal should be paramount. There is one good thing - your young snakes have got a good caring home - can you imagine what might have happened if they had landed up with someone totally inexperienced/indifferent?

You're obviously determined to do your best for them, and I hope they start making progress. All the very best!
Blackecho Posted - 26/10/2010 : 16:54:46
I didn't buy any last year, but the Super Pastel I bought from Donny last year took a long time to get eating. Just one of those things I guess.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000