The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Health
 Dry skin?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
nok1888 Posted - 28/11/2010 : 19:46:30
Orlina shed 4 weeks ago so thats out the question as its 3 months inbetween sheds so....

The last couple of times Ive had her out theres been like a couple of bits of dry skin hanging off the tip of her nose, at first I thought it was a hair or fluff off my clothes so gave it a little wipe with my fingers and it didnt come off.

From halfway between her eyes and top lip looks different to the rest of her, quite dull and dry. Ive looked at her nostrils and vents and they are clear and inside her mouth looks very healthy (sat for ages waiting for her to yawn to see it lol).

Im not sure if maybe there was a little drop scales left over from the shed or what.

I cant get the humidity above 30 I even spray her viv a couple of times a week, I wait until the aspen is fully dry until I spray again, it goes up after spraying but very quickly drops again. I bought orchid bark but I read it can have beasties in it so to bake it to kill them off but that would dry the bark out so it would all be pointless. I'm going to put a cup of water in the hot side so that should help maybe.

Anyway back to the point, what do you think of these bits off skin, they are only small but I dont want it getting bigger. Do you think maybe its some scales left over or the humidity being too low?

Oh, can someone with a 3ft wooden viv check the temp inside the cold hide for me just to see if mine is right, usually about 24-26C (75-78F)
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Robert Posted - 30/11/2010 : 22:59:40
Perfect Lilith :)
n/a Posted - 29/11/2010 : 21:52:39
quote:
Originally posted by Robert

Well Lilith whatever you get I know it will be in good hands :)

Aww thanks Robert - I got the dinker and she's gorgeous!

ps so were they all - normal girl and woma and yellowbelly lads - really good snakes.
Robert Posted - 29/11/2010 : 21:47:56
Well Lilith whatever you get I know it will be in good hands :)
n/a Posted - 28/11/2010 : 21:10:12
LOL - I did - it's that dinker!

Barring disasters, or blizzards, I reckon I'm getting her tomorrow! (Or I might fall in love with the little normal girl, who can say?)

Auntie Lil
reptiledanny Posted - 28/11/2010 : 20:41:23
excuse me bats, but whats this about a new girl , you didn't even tell me and your my aunt
n/a Posted - 28/11/2010 : 20:10:03
Hi, Nok - know I've been logged in all afternoon but forgot - been zooming around feeding and setting up for possible new arrival tomorrow.

Sorry - back to point. 23 degrees in cold hides, including new girl's rub, hot end in vivs and rub 32, Saada in cold hide, Shahi on his climbing branch in cold end, central heating on at moment in the frozen North lol.

Hope Orlina's nose gets better soon! All the best!

ps new girl will be getting a viv too, but only heard of her today so going to see her tomorrow and so set up spare rub so I could buy her if I like her!
reptiledanny Posted - 28/11/2010 : 19:54:59
bullet had this, and it did not go for ages and ages until a very dear friend to, who is like an uncle to me (yes g im talking about u) told me to put a dab of vaseline on the dry scales and withing 1 week of me putting it on every 2 days it was gone, so try that

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000