The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Health
 Valhalla in the water

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kelfezond Posted - 03/12/2010 : 19:26:55
Valhalla started shedding about 3-4 days ago, unfortunately after using a moss hide as well she still had a few pieces of skin attached to her that would just not shift.

So today was bath day!

I thought, knowing Valhalla, she'd have a hissy fit and try to bite me and escape and splash around and all sorts, but nope she was an angel.

She swam up and down the bath happily and occasionally rested on a little island we made from a bath towel before returning to the water for another swim, I occasionally picked her up and handled her during the bath and she was actually far more placid than she is when I handle her on land!

All the skin came off wonderfully and she's looking pristine now, we only had 2 "problems".

The first was my fault, panicing when she dunked her head under the water thinking she'd drown, but she came up a few seconds later happy as can be.

The second was her fault! Naught snake did number 2 (or is it number 1 for snakes?) in the bath and ruined the water, I had to take her out when she did that so the bath ended shortly :(

Good fun though, and she didn't seem phased at all by it.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 04/12/2010 : 22:33:07
LOL - tell them it's good luck when a snake dumps in your bath - doesn't happen to many people! Green, clean and mean!!!
Kelfezond Posted - 04/12/2010 : 21:46:47
Haha yes I do and yes I did, I had to bleach the bath and give it a clean xD
n/a Posted - 04/12/2010 : 15:48:41
I didn't know that either - stands to reason, when they spend so long with a large prey travelling slowly down their gullet - although has anyone seen the Attenborough clip on youtube of the 'Fully Grown Python Swallowing a Deer'? At one point the windpipe actually extrudes past the teeth so that the snake can breathe. (The deer is dead at the start of the clip, to reassure anyone nervous.)

Kelfezond, a personal question, I know, but do you have to share the bath with anyone else in the house? ... And have you told them about Valhalla's er, contribution??
reptiledanny Posted - 04/12/2010 : 14:34:24
lol, didn't know they could hold there breaths for that long, will have to see next time bullet goes for a bath
hodgie Posted - 04/12/2010 : 14:31:55
Its not something to worry about, i was reading an article by one of London Zoo`s reptile keepers were he stated that when they put venimous snkes to sleep for operations they have to be careful because they can hold their breaths for rediculous amounts of time, some take 30-40 minutes before they are out for the count.
reptiledanny Posted - 04/12/2010 : 14:10:27
lol g, i think he wanted bubbles in the water but i wouldn't let him have any lol
GMac Posted - 04/12/2010 : 13:59:07
lol, having way too much fun in the bath, was obviously very relaxed
reptiledanny Posted - 04/12/2010 : 12:09:22
lol, when i bathed bullet once, he kept dunking his head under the water and blowing bubbles lol, but i kept having to pull his head up cuz he would sit there with it under for ages, naughty snake lol
n/a Posted - 04/12/2010 : 11:24:56
Aww, bless, sounds like she was very happy and relaxed!

I once read about that head under the water thing - goodness knows how they breathe! Last summer I had to stop my Spooky from hurling herself (several times) into the garden pond, she was quite determined to get down to the bottom - some of them do love water.

That's one of the remedies for constipation lol - give snakey a warm bath. Urrgh, sounds worse than the exploding mouse!
Blackecho Posted - 03/12/2010 : 20:50:52
lol :)

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000