The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Health
 Shedding Question

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
reptilemadd Posted - 03/03/2011 : 17:20:31
Hi guys hope your all well I'd like to just confirm something if I may I checked on Cerberus today and he's in blue so should I start to increase his humidity by srarying now or after he goes clear again, also he's only done one poo in nearly three weeks so with him preparing to shed can I expect another anytime soon? thanks for your help guys
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 03/03/2011 : 18:40:09
LOL - build a fall out shelter - or alternatively stock up on the kitchen roll!
reptilemadd Posted - 03/03/2011 : 18:24:48
Thanks for the reply Bats I'll prepare myself for the coming bomb lol :)
n/a Posted - 03/03/2011 : 17:39:22
Hi, good luck with his shed - usually it's something they manage pretty well by themselves. Until he goes clear he's 'waterproof'; humidity doesn't affect him, but when he does clear, it's a good idea to give him a damp hide and to put his water bowl in the hot end (extra evaporation, gently increases humidity.)

Some people spray the sides of the viv to up humidity; it's a debatable point; I never have and have now got a scruffy shedder (Shahi) shedding well just with the damp hide/water bowl in hot end. Spraying the snake can stress it; again there are varying views on this. I don't, personally.

And, yup, he will probably take a BIG DUMP when he sheds - royals seem to be very proud of doing this lol.

All the best.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000