The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Health
 Nebulizer???

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
BlueDragon Posted - 22/03/2011 : 11:25:26
I'm making this a new post just 'cause it's asking a different question about Tig.

Would it be an idea to buy a Nebulizer for Tig to try and help sort out this bloody R.I.? Apparently a good few people have had success with using one on their own snakes. And I have read that you can just stick it in the viv, so it would mean less stress for him. You can also put his Baytril in it and have him breath it directly into his lung, which sounds a good idea to me.

Addmitidly I'm not exactly loaded right now 'cause my bills have only just stopped going out, but if it would help him I'll buy him one.

Oh, and what are peoples thoughts on this F10 dissinfectant thing I've read about? Apparently it works wonders for fixing an R.I. when put in a Nebulizer.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
BlueDragon Posted - 24/03/2011 : 10:38:42
Tig's vet was very impressed by his progress, he says he's getting better fast : ) They gave me a dose of Baytril to try in his steam, so I did that last night. Not a peep out of his this morning, so wheather thats just a coinsidence or if it actually has done something for him remains to be seen, but if it does help I'll ask for some more next week when he goes back for another check-up.
He's also been given more Baytril to give in his mouth every other day.

The vet said that I should try the Baytril in his steam first before splashing out on a nebulizer, so we'll see how it goes. Might be an idea to get one anyway, for any future use with other pets.

Should I leave things for now, see how they go, or should I buy a nebulizer anyway and try him with that?
BlueDragon Posted - 23/03/2011 : 10:51:14
Thanks for that : )

The difference with a nebulizer, I've read, is that it's more of a mister, so the water particles are tiny and so are much easier to breath in, and of course you can put medicines in it to breath in as well.
Yeah, I've read loads of great stuff on this F10 stuff, didn't know it was the same cleaner as vets use though... I wonder if I could buy some off them?

I've also read that a nebulizer is a bad idea though, 'cause some people seem to think that you should reduce the humidity and let the stuff in their lung dry up... not sure I like that idea though, you want to get rid of it, not have it lying around in there : /

Tig has another vet appointment today, so I might ask his vet about this too, see what they think.
n/a Posted - 22/03/2011 : 12:18:11
As far as I understand it, a nebuliser is just the same as the steam treatment - could be a good idea?

I use F10 myself, had read about loads of other people using it, so thought, seems to be a good thing, and when I got it and was making up the solution and smelled it - realised it was that stuff you smell in the vet's, you know, when you walk into the consulting room and they've just swabbed down the table? It really is good; I buy a small bottle of super concentrated and make up general purpose sprays for cleaning out and such in plant spray bottles - it can be used at different concentrations and I too have heard of it being used to treat RIs.

Royalbob will know for sure - he knows his stuff.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000