The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Health
 Braaains

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kelfezond Posted - 23/03/2011 : 21:54:18
So scar didn't take his meal again today, he's an adult and his weight hasn't gone down a lot so no big deal but I want him feeding to reduce MY stress levels.

I tried braining, wasn't as bad as I expected I didn't need a meat cleaver and end up with a blood covered apron, but he still isn't interested by the rat. :(

I'll leave it in for a while longer and report in in another hour
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lotabob Posted - 24/03/2011 : 16:50:43
quote:
Originally posted by Kelfezond

I don't think he'll be happy until I erect a statue of his likeness in the middle of his viv, carve open a live mouse and string it's intestines around the statue and force it to march around clockwise unraveling itself like some ancient norse ritual

PMSL, mental imagery.
Kelfezond Posted - 24/03/2011 : 15:20:13
I'll let you know next time I cut myself :P
n/a Posted - 24/03/2011 : 14:39:31
And double eww ...

That is offal ....

Hey Kelf, perhaps he's really an Audrey, like that plant in 'Little Shop of Horrors' and is holding out for your bloooooooood.....
Kelfezond Posted - 24/03/2011 : 14:31:41
It could be! hehe

I'll try that approach next time, although with Scar I don't think he'll be happy until I erect a statue of his likeness in the middle of his viv, carve open a live mouse and string it's intestines around the statue and force it to march around clockwise unraveling itself like some ancient norse ritual ....

that went way too far I apologise to anyone eating at the moment xP
n/a Posted - 24/03/2011 : 13:47:12
LOL - ewwwww is not a website!
n/a Posted - 24/03/2011 : 13:45:58
Ooooohhhhh ...ewwwww....just about to cook pasta with chicken in gooey onion sauce ....

That would make me feel like a sadistic dentist ...

Hey, it's an idea though ...
Lotabob Posted - 24/03/2011 : 11:34:00
I have brained through the mouth, not quite as messy, just tilt the head back and use a thin bladed knife to stab through the roof of the mouth, does the same job just contains the brain goo a bit better.
n/a Posted - 24/03/2011 : 11:32:18
Aww, good luck, or rather hope you had some luck with him, but really sounds as if his mind's on higher (or lower!) things.

I've had good results with Surahi, by leaving her meal in the hide with her overnight. (Have found it's a good idea to feed last thing at night in case the snake refuses - at least then you won't wake up to stinky rodent in the morning.)

Yeah, braining's not too dreadful. Using scissors to snip the skull when the beastie's half defrosted is the least messy. My corn Cy likes a mouse head, cut in half - that really is eww!

Good luck, and all the best for boa-day tomorrow!
sandi Posted - 23/03/2011 : 22:09:41
Feeling for you, they know how to stress you out dont they?....good luck!

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000