The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Health
 WAHEY ;-)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
rick1894 Posted - 23/03/2011 : 22:09:34
Lilith had her first feed with us tonight I have been informed, gutted to have missed it but atleast she took it.

She took it bum first for some reason even though she sniffed round both ends and going off the picture message there was abit of a mouse explosion lol and small mice look too small.

Anyway sorry for babbling just chuffed she ate so soon after bringing her home.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
rick1894 Posted - 24/03/2011 : 17:09:07
Cheers was planning on moving to rats but as she was on small mice thought less change the better until she's settled in, will weigh her Monday before her next feed and then get some appropriate sized rats.

Can't wait to get home tomorrow, watch the video and handle her :-)
n/a Posted - 24/03/2011 : 11:23:37
That's great!

Yeah, my Shahi took his first few feeds ass-first. I love royals but they can be a bit thick, bless them!

If you think the mouse is a bit on the small side, try weighing Lilith, calculate 10/15% of her body weight, and choose a prey size corresponding to that. Once she's settled in with you, could be a good idea to switch to rats - there's more nutrition in a rat for a royal, plus when the snake's full grown, the rat is a much more convenient size to feed ie 1 rat vs 4 mice.

Sometimes they can be reluctant to change over from mice to rats, but she's a spider isn't she? They're gannets, bet you'll have no trouble.

Again congrats!
Kelfezond Posted - 23/03/2011 : 22:39:50
Wehey! Good news!
rick1894 Posted - 23/03/2011 : 22:13:59
Oooops could of sworn I was on general posts, stupid phone. Could a mod please move.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000