The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Health
 SO happy now

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Wendigo Posted - 02/04/2011 : 11:32:56
Some of you may have saw my post about Wendigo having bad burns on her underside?.
Anyway, today she went through a shed, and from the looks of it, she has had touble shedding before, so i helped her out with shed ease, and letting her slide through my hands to help the shed peel off.
Anyway, while she was shedding, i made sure that her underside was very damp to it didn't hurt her. While shedding, all the bad skin and scabs have came off, and she has lovely skin underneath. It still looks a little sore but that is expected.
I'm just so happy for her now.
One thing i'm worrying about now is before i had her the shedding wasn't coming off very well on her tail, well that's what i'm thinking, but while bathing her in the salt water, her old bits of shedding came off including a tube of shed around her tail.
Anyway today, while she was shedding, it got a bit stuck around the very tip of her tail (about 1mm long), and it doesn't have any scales or anything, so i'm worried that it might be dead and drop off.
I don't think she can feel it though, and she doesn't move away when i put her burn cream on it to keep infection away.

I will try and get some pictures of her soon so that you guys can see the inprovement
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lotabob Posted - 02/04/2011 : 22:48:12
Its truely a joy reading about how you are caring for that snake. I can't wait to see pictures of the improvement and see just what a miracle you have been for that little crispy bellied snake.
Wendigo Posted - 02/04/2011 : 19:23:03
Thanks =)
Tawfik47 Posted - 02/04/2011 : 16:22:28
Wendigo is a one lucky royal to have u taking care of him :)
Wendigo Posted - 02/04/2011 : 15:14:20
Thanks =) I hope the tiny last bit of shed on the tip of her tail will come off when i bathe her in the water before the cream, -fingers crossed-
n/a Posted - 02/04/2011 : 11:44:40
Hi, that's great, sounds like you've worked wonders with her. I bet she feels a million times better.

Tailtips can be a devil - one of my corns sometimes retains hers and I have to rub it off gently with a bit of warm water/damp flannel. Royals do have a little sharp tip to their tail though - it might just be that or it might be the last bit of all the accumulated shed. More experienced people will know the best way to deal with it. There's a sticky on this section about using 'Shed-Ease' but I've never tried it - touch wood.

Congrats and double congrats!

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000