The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Health
 some good/bad news

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Tawfik47 Posted - 17/04/2011 : 12:43:37
Hey, i have some good news and some bad ones.
The good thing is that Blitz is doing well with the water blisterz, they are disappearing and Blitz is getting better, thank to you guys and to your advices, i raise up the temp and lowered down the humidity.
The bad thing is about Blitz tick in his eyes, i couldn't find a vet
who have experience in treating snakes, this is normal because nobody here is keeping snakes but me , so i told myself i sould remove it be myself, but when i picked up Blitz the tick's color changed to white and become more close to the eye, i couldn't remove it, i was afraid to hurt his eye, so i thought i could use your advice
do i have to leave the tick untill it move to another place or should i take the risk and try to remove it.
is there any chance the the tick is dead ? (because its color is white not black as i saw it first)
and here is the pic

i also took a photo of Blitz body, i think he is underweight, what do u think ?

6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 19/04/2011 : 14:51:54
quote:
Originally posted by Tawfik47

I just wanted to know what can u say about his weight from his body shape ?

Hi, the only way I know how to describe it is - underweight: Toblerone (triangular) shaped, and normal weight: Mars Bar (rounded) shaped.

Judging by recent photos he'll be fine - I have a little 09 girl, small for her age, who's eaten once in over three months and although her weight's gone down, she's still chubby.

This is what royals do ... drive us crazy lol ...
Dr Chop Posted - 19/04/2011 : 09:33:46
this may be of help to you

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Trix-Tick-Remover-pets-humans-10-years-guarantee-/250487318433?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Dogs&hash=item3a523527a1

Tawfik47 Posted - 19/04/2011 : 08:45:15
I just wanted to know what can u say about his weight from his body shape ?
reptiledanny Posted - 17/04/2011 : 15:22:14
good news on the blisters just a shame about the tick still
i now when my dog had a tick we were told to put vaseline on it to sufficate it, and i now u can use vaseline on snakes as i use it on bullet as a scale moisturiser, so maybe try to put a small amount near its head but not on the eye if u get what i mean. good luck
n/a Posted - 17/04/2011 : 13:55:22
Hi, the ticks I dealt with were grey - the one on my dog's leg was engorged (12 hours after she must have picked it up) and very pale grey - must be a different variety to your Ulster ones Bob.

Yes, it will get paler and paler and fatter and fatter and then drop off. At least this proves it's a tick and not a mite and with it being so near Blitz's eye, as Bob says, it would be best to leave it to drop off by itself. (Then you can have the pleasure of SQUASHING the evil thing lol!)

Hopefully now this will be the last parasite you see on him, and it's great that his blisters are clearing. He may well go into shed soon - it will be his body's way of getting rid of the last of them.

All the best!
Lotabob Posted - 17/04/2011 : 12:52:12
It will change colour as it fills with blood, not sure about white but it will go like a baked bean colour (orange/red) and then drop off when its full. I really wouldn't attempt to remove it, it will drop off itself once its had its fill. I'm surprised its not dropped off already. To check its still alive VERY gently lift its body away from the snakes eye and you should be able to see wiggly legs.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000