The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Health
 humidity

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
stumpy Posted - 21/04/2011 : 17:53:59
what should the humidity be in viv
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lotabob Posted - 21/04/2011 : 20:09:23
Mines 1%. I think the hygrometers broken. Its very unlikely your homes humidity is low enough to be a problem and providing the walls and glass isn't dripping then humidity isn't high enough to be an issue either.
markmifsud Posted - 21/04/2011 : 19:32:56
its supposed to be around 55%, but mine drops to 25% during the day, and up to 45 / 60 once the heater drops to the lower evening temperatures
n/a Posted - 21/04/2011 : 18:13:07
I don't measure humidity but I live in a coldish house (ie humidity's going to be higher than a centrally heated house) and in summer windows are open. After a snake has cleared from blue I keep the water bowl at the hot end to gently increase humidity. I like Blackskull's tip about putting a wet flannel over the hot end hide too.

So far so good - apart from Shahi having difficulties as a baby, my snakes shed very well, touch wood.
blackskull Posted - 21/04/2011 : 17:57:35
mine are at around 55% and i raise it slightly when they in shed by putting a damp flannel on the hide under the heat builb

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000