The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Health
 HELP mites again

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dio Posted - 25/04/2011 : 13:42:39
Just spoke to the OH and he said Dio's mites are back after just 4 days since he was treated. He got that mite off suff from pets at home and sprayed it all over Dio and the viv, changed the substrate, boiled all the wood and they've still come back.

How do we totally get rid of them?
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dio Posted - 08/05/2011 : 18:39:18
Just checked Dio over and there is no sign of mites at all on him so hopefully thats them all gone. We did notice another small white patch appearing though.
n/a Posted - 07/05/2011 : 23:58:07
Wow - I wish places wouldn't advertise stuff if it's out of stock - what a bummer. I've had no problems with them before - thought they'd have updated their website eh?

Well, keep fingers crossed the slow boat gets here soon.
MrsA82 Posted - 07/05/2011 : 23:52:46
Thought so i had an order and after 1 week phoned them and had to get a refund there a shortage at the moment
Euro rep was mucking them about about dates

Think there on the very slow boat from aus
Vikx993 Posted - 07/05/2011 : 23:50:23
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

Blue Lizard are reliable - and you can ring and ask them if stuff's in stock. I think Callington was on offer last time I looked. Good luck!

They have sold out. I had to spend about 30 min going though google to find it.
n/a Posted - 07/05/2011 : 23:43:29
Blue Lizard are reliable - and you can ring and ask them if stuff's in stock. I think Callington was on offer last time I looked. Good luck!
Dio Posted - 07/05/2011 : 23:32:46
Thats who my order was with.
MrsA82 Posted - 07/05/2011 : 23:25:07
Surrey pets them ?
Dio Posted - 07/05/2011 : 23:03:23
quote:
Originally posted by Vikx993

I to feel your pain with the Mites, Just found out my royal has them, gave him a bath in warm water and olive oil. Got most of them off him and ordered some callingtons. That stuff is sold out all over the place.

I've given up trying to get the stuff now. I've cancelled the order i had placed on one website as they kept putting their delivery date back, it was 30th May last time i checked. Mite off and oil baths seem to be working.
Vikx993 Posted - 07/05/2011 : 22:35:42
I to feel your pain with the Mites, Just found out my royal has them, gave him a bath in warm water and olive oil. Got most of them off him and ordered some callingtons. That stuff is sold out all over the place.
Dio Posted - 03/05/2011 : 20:01:15
I know he had a patch of pale scales before he shed but i don't remember him having 3 patches. If he keeps getting them everytime he shed i'll end up with a white snake. We thought originally that he had missing scales but you can see the outline of them in the second photo.
n/a Posted - 02/05/2011 : 15:30:55
Hi, that sounds good, glad you're getting them on the run. I'll send the same message to them as I did to Sandi's - 'mites begone! Abracadabra!!'

I've never ever seen or heard of the pale scale appearance - perhaps someone more experienced on here could advise?

All the best.
Dio Posted - 02/05/2011 : 14:30:38
Just checked Dio over and the oil bath seemed to have worked. The only mite i could find was under his chin which of course he wouldn't let me anywhere near. Viv's been totally cleaned and sprayed and all the wood has been bleached, boiled and then baked in the oven.
Dio Posted - 01/05/2011 : 20:15:25
Finally at my OH's now so went straight to Dio's viv before even saying hello to the OH. He's had a nice oil bath and i've sprayed everything down. I'm still waiting for the Callington stuff to arrive. All the mites that are left on him now are quite small so hopefully they are being killed off before they lay eggs. When i lifted up his hot hide i discoved he'd left us a 2nd pile of dung that i had to clean out, luckily it had been there for a bit so didn't smell. We did notice that he's got some white patches of scales. Is this normal?

MrsA82 Posted - 01/05/2011 : 18:14:00
The frontline spray needs a prescription
The little 5ml bottler type things you don't

I was going to buy frontline spray for my dog but the vet said effipro is the same and cheeper than frontline
Front lines rights to sell the spray has ran out so effipro can sell it and it's the same a frontline
sandi Posted - 01/05/2011 : 16:42:20
Frontline can be bought from a vet or a chemist that sells vet products without prescription. I registered my snakes with a local rep vet and got the frontline from them without having an appointment or prescription.
n/a Posted - 28/04/2011 : 22:41:44
Hi, I'd googled it just to make sure before I posted, and couldn't see any indication of it needing a script. I know you can buy stuff from them that is normally POM at a vet's and I was also sure I'd read elsewhere about this too, concerning flea meds. Maybe that was concerning a different brand.

However, I have heard that some vets will bend the rules a bit - and if you have a friend with a cat, who can obtain frontline for the cat, that's another way. (I'd personally sooner use Callington or similar, coupled with oily baths, but it's obvious Frontline works.)

Oh why oh why can't we just stick a drop of something on the back of their necks like the cat and dog flea drop stuff? Would be miles simpler ...
markmifsud Posted - 28/04/2011 : 22:17:49
Hiya bats, nope, they also do it on prescription only.

http://www.medicanimal.com/product/~frontline-spray/~product_id=413/~category_id=MA-CATS-FLEA_TICK/~root_category_id=MA-CATS
n/a Posted - 28/04/2011 : 22:12:28
You can buy Frontline online - for some reason if you approach a vet this and other medications are POM, but you can buy without a script from companies such as Medicanimal.

markmifsud Posted - 28/04/2011 : 21:30:35
The only problem with Frontline is how difficult it is to get it. Its prescription only, and a Vet wont prescribe it for a snake as its not officially tested on snakes
Wendigo Posted - 28/04/2011 : 20:15:49
I've used Mite-off for Chepi, and that's worked, do you re-apply it every 3 days? When i found chepi had mites, i used Baby sterilizing fluid mixed with water, cleaned the whole viv and accessories with that. (don't forget to clean the roof and sides of viv) Then i used anti bactrial wipes over the viv, then sprayed mite off around the viv, put in the new bedding, sprayed it again, sprayed Chepi, then sprayed her and the viv every 3 days, and changed and cleaned the water bowl everyday to make sure if any went in there, they wouldn't get on her. I also did this for my other bp Wendigo, she didn't have any, but i didn't want to take any chances. =)

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000