The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Health
 Question about head tremors..

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Rox1e6 Posted - 07/05/2011 : 22:27:09
We went to visit the snake we are buying for my son again today before we pick it up next week. It has a tiny head tremor, the guy said this is usual for all Spider morphs (a genetic thing) and to not worry. He's been great answering all my enquiries about setting up the viv, he said that it had eaten consistently for 8 weeks on the run. Has been a slower grower than the rest so is slightly smaller than usual but has had lots of handling because of this and it was very calm in our hands, didnt seem nervous, didnt ball up, just slowly wandered across our hands. It was born november '10.
Should we be concerned about the head wobble? Its not only alot of money to spend but my son has got attached already (after being so upset after his beloved kingsnake died) and we've only put a deposit down and seen it twice!!
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Rox1e6 Posted - 08/05/2011 : 12:30:02
To be honest we have no idea of the weight but we'll weigh her quickly once we get her home on Friday...then we can keep a record. We know nothing about keeping a royal so all this info is invaluable!
stumpy Posted - 08/05/2011 : 09:55:25
Lovely spider, hope your son enjoys her. What is her weight
hodgie Posted - 08/05/2011 : 09:50:36
I`ve had a Spider (which is now with my youngest niece) and have a lovely Bumblebee which is a Spider morph breed with a Pastel, both have little head tremors when feeding. Both are super feeders and have great appetites but what i have noticed which isn`t to much to worry about is that when they strike they just aren`t as accurate as my other Royals, they will tend to miss if you hold their feed to far away. I tend to just place it very close to them and all seems to go well.
By the way thats going to be one cracking little snake there, looks like its got really high white sides which is going to make it look great when its older
Rox1e6 Posted - 07/05/2011 : 22:58:29
Thank you for putting my mind more to rest! We never noticed anything the first time we saw him/her (we have no name as yet) so it was a bit of a shock seeing the little tremor today...I shall stop worrying so much and have faith that she (I shall call her a 'she' I think til I find out different!) will have a lovely life regardless!
Lotabob Posted - 07/05/2011 : 22:47:44
All my snakes have wobbly head, well they do when they are in my shakey hands anyway, in your hands is not the best place to observe a wobble (specially my hands, I vibrate) Its best observed at feeding time when the food excites them their heads do go a bit posessed but its not anything that reduces their quality of life or length of life either its just a genetic abnormality that causes a temporary loss of muscle control.
MrsA82 Posted - 07/05/2011 : 22:44:26
Our spider has a little head wobble not very bad but its there and she eats like a pig
I think it makes her a little bit special

And I just love the patten

As bats said some have more head wobble than others

n/a Posted - 07/05/2011 : 22:40:43
Yes, what you describe is typical of many spider morphs - I don't know why, and I've never encountered it personally, but I've heard a lot about it. The wobble may be scarcely perceptible, or it may be quite dramatic - corkscrewing or lying upside down. It seems that these snakes enjoy life despite it - and on the plus side they're said to be the best feeders of all.

Hopefully more experienced people will be along soon to supply more info, but it sounds as if the breeder/supplier is giving you an honest answer about spider morph royals.

Hope this helps.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000