The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Health
 mortified

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
wolfspirit Posted - 04/02/2009 : 17:01:47
I have just come away from speaking to my vets about Peanut, and her diagnosis is IBD, he has no RI, his guts are clear, but she said that she thinks that it is neurological and sometimes with IBD in the early stages they can have problems with digestion and gas in his belly, i dont know you tell me, but she caught him stargazing twice at the weekend. She thinks this started probably from his first owner, We have to wait for the next thirty days, and watch what happens to him.

I am so gutted that i might lose him, he is only 9 months old, can she be wrong, can the stargazing and stuff be something else?
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
wolfspirit Posted - 29/04/2009 : 20:34:34
quote:
Originally posted by Gingerpony

sounds like it's got progressively worse the closer he's got to shedding so hopefully it IS shed-related. are you increasing his humidity while he's shedding? certainly wouldn't hurt his lungs if there was a bit of mucous rattling around in there. is he doing his 'head lower than his body' on branches again (to drain his airways)?

thanks Ali, your a star for replying...

he was not out last night, but he is in his moss box and i dampened it up tonight when i was checking on him...

I am worrying now...why would it come back? all his temps are fine, 31.2 hot end i turned it up a tad tonight, so it is probably around 32.5, i will check when i go upstairs.. cool end when i checked was 27

he does lay in his tree...i will monitor him..i am hoping it may be shed...

he was not doing this last shed.

I am not handling him loads, but one thing when i add F10 1 drop per nostril he he gets more crackly..but just for a bit..

Sorry my reply is bitty i am trying to think of everything.

Gingerpony Posted - 29/04/2009 : 20:12:52
sounds like it's got progressively worse the closer he's got to shedding so hopefully it IS shed-related. are you increasing his humidity while he's shedding? certainly wouldn't hurt his lungs if there was a bit of mucous rattling around in there. is he doing his 'head lower than his body' on branches again (to drain his airways)?
wolfspirit Posted - 29/04/2009 : 19:07:00
hi Matty-)

the clicking has been going on for a couple of weeks, i was more tonight.

His eyes have not gone yet though. I would imagine it be anytime now.

He is due a feed the weekend, but i might leave it till he has shed this time.
matty18714 Posted - 29/04/2009 : 18:56:18
It can be caused by them sheeding. How long has he been doing it before you noticed the signs of shedding?
wolfspirit Posted - 29/04/2009 : 18:31:33
Now i am worried....but might not need to depends on Ali's reply.

Got P out tonight and he is still crackling, I noticed it is when i first get him out, then whatever it is disperses and he is fine.....

But tonight he either coughed or sneezed not sure what it was, he has gone dark so i am guessing he is going to shed soon, but i would have thought if it was down to shedding it would happen when his eyes are blue not before.

So now i am worrying about him again.

Ali is it down to him shedding soon or do you think i need the vets?
wolfspirit Posted - 17/04/2009 : 21:45:56
quote:
Originally posted by Gingerpony

hmmm, might be a very little bit of mucous still to be reabsorbed by his body. he's probably had enough Baytril to sink a battleship and it should resolve itself. i wouldn't worry unless it get worse

Thanks for replying Ali;-) i am not overly worried, but will of course keep an eye on him, as i said he does not always do it, just occasionally..
Gingerpony Posted - 17/04/2009 : 21:24:06
hmmm, might be a very little bit of mucous still to be reabsorbed by his body. he's probably had enough Baytril to sink a battleship and it should resolve itself. i wouldn't worry unless it get worse
wolfspirit Posted - 17/04/2009 : 12:01:41
I have a question to do with this RI..

Occasionally Peanut still has the odd crackle when i first get him out of his viv...

sometimes it is once others it might be two or three..then nothing...

Is this normal? or does it mean that he may still have this?, he does not do it all the time...
wolfspirit Posted - 25/03/2009 : 11:36:02
quote:
Originally posted by Dazzetski

kids can talk, animals can't so it takes longer, but in my opinion animals appreciate it more, they can't say thank you mum/dad, but it's so worth it!

I hope animals do , I am not so sure peanut did, with me shoving baytril down his throat every day, he got wise to it in the end and as soon as he saw the syringe he would try and wriggle off..lol..so they are not that stupid.
Dazzetski Posted - 20/03/2009 : 21:55:30
kids can talk, animals can't so it takes longer, but in my opinion animals appreciate it more, they can't say thank you mum/dad, but it's so worth it!
wolfspirit Posted - 20/03/2009 : 21:15:59
Thanks Matty, i am so glad it looks like it is over...

Dazz i am glad BE sent me the link to come to this forum..

There are only two things in life that really stress me, that is my kids and animals getting sick..with the kids it gets easier as they get older, but with animals it is harder cos they cant talk and i feel so bad when they get ill cos i cant make it better for them instantly...
Dazzetski Posted - 20/03/2009 : 20:43:02
So pleased big lad's ok, you know where we are if you need us & vice versa
matty18714 Posted - 20/03/2009 : 20:37:15
Well done wolf and peanut
wolfspirit Posted - 20/03/2009 : 20:35:28
Peanut is now officially retired from the RI club...

No wheezing NO mucus and NO crackling, so it is looking good for him now...

He is busy cruising his viv right now as i was given a nice supply of apple tree branches and have utilized some of them in his viv...so he woke up today with a rearrange viv...lol..

So i want to say thanks to everyone for helping us through this, especially the worst part when i thought i was going to lose him because he was breathing soooo deeply and had been misdiagnosed, and a BIG thanks to Ali for being a star and being there for me.
wolfspirit Posted - 17/03/2009 : 19:36:14
I have a couple of questions about after an RI has gone, hopefully someone can answer this...

ok, firstly, when a snake has recovered from an RI does it leave an imprint? kind of like it does with us and the body then recognises the infection and fights off any further attacks in the immune system from a virus of the same kind because it would then have antibodies.

Also is there a natural way to boost a snakes immune system rather than giving it artificial stuff..?

I dont know if the likes of Reptoboost are man made or from natural ingredients..does this work to boost the immune system? is it made from a cocktail of artifical ingredients?

thanks for any insights on these questions.
Paulusworm Posted - 14/03/2009 : 07:12:37
OOOO. I feel better already .
lee2308 Posted - 13/03/2009 : 23:02:37
quote:
Originally posted by wolfspirit

still moans about it now,he had the op ten years ago.

hope your knee gets better soon

There you go paul,that should cheer you up
wolfspirit Posted - 13/03/2009 : 22:16:16
My ex had an op on his knee cartilage, he was a nightmare, still moans about it now, but i think that is a man thing..lol..he had the op ten years ago.

hope your knee gets better soon
Paulusworm Posted - 13/03/2009 : 18:11:28
Thanks guys . Gotta go back and see the consultant in 3 weeks to sort out physio, etc so crutches until then at least. Knee is about twice the size of the other one at the moment but hopefully all fixed now.
wolfspirit Posted - 13/03/2009 : 17:07:36
quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

Get well soon paul and stay off that kiddes trike

lol..Lee...thats funny....

If your after a parrot might as well have the eye patch as well Paulus, i have one of those, well my youngest son does...he said you can have it..lol

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000