The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Health
 Spring/Summer Fasting

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
BlueDragon Posted - 16/07/2011 : 10:30:52
How common is it? Tig still isn't eating for me, he has less than no interest. Now, I'm trying not to worry about him, but it seems strange that he would chose this time of year is all. It's been a few months now : /
Not that he's waisting away. I'm getting a pair of scales next week for him off Argos (those digital Salter ones) so I'm going to be keeping an eye on his weight. But he's still got his bulk. And he's almost three feet long now so he's definatly still growing!

I just want to know how common it is and how likely it is just to be fasting and nothing else. He seems fine and these days he comes out every night to climb around while I watch TV... which is helping to convince me (and keep me from freaking out) that he's just having dirty thoughts and so has little interest in other things ; )
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hodgie Posted - 17/07/2011 : 13:18:53
My mormal female has been a slow eater, 1 rat a month, for the last year (before that she couldn`t get enough) still though she has gone from 1000g - 1300g and is absolutely solid, My female Bumblebee got to 1000g in Feb and has hardly eaten at all. My Pastel has only ever eaten once every 3 weeks on average for the last 2 years. My Mojave, Pinstripe and Fire all eat as regular as clockwork. They are all in the same rack system (rubs). So they are all different, cant tell you more than that im afraid.
BlueDragon Posted - 17/07/2011 : 09:49:40
Sorry Lotabob, I didn't know about that. I've never actually visited that part of the forum with Tig starting out so well. I'm going to take a lookie-see.

I'm going to try again on Monday, as usual. I've been offering every two weeks for a while now. Big rats, small rats, black rats, white rats, brown rats... pretty rats, ulgy rats X )

@BATS: yeah, they can be stubborn!
I wonder if your right. I know it's not just me that's having bother, so maybe it is the wether. God knows it can't seem to make up it's mind this year. It's doing my head in, never mind anyone else in the house!
n/a Posted - 16/07/2011 : 22:33:29
My Surahi -

arrived at the end Nov '10, was told she would only eat mice; 2 large a week. She weighed 1300g+.

She would only eat 1 mouse for me per meal ...oh well, she was new ...Then in the New Year came the big fast. By the end of Jan she weighed 1280g ...she deigned to eat a mouse in Feb ...another before I weighed her in March ...1350g. Back to the fast, but then ...eureka! Three feeds of rats in May, which brought her weight up to 1430g full.

Then back to the fast ...She shed last night and made a mess. Weight today - 1250g. Offered a nice small warm weaner rat tonight but so far, fail ...

Shahi and Saada, though now eating well, didn't fast until the new year either. I've been seriously wondering if the very cool, non-existent UK 'summer' (rofl!) has been responsible for prolonging royal fasts ...yes, has the cooler weather been prolonging the royal randiness??

I don't think any of them will starve, but oh boy, annoying little gits aren't they eh?

Good luck to us all!
Lotabob Posted - 16/07/2011 : 21:12:53
Common enough to have a dedicated and stickied nonfeeding club.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000