The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Health
 buster farting wtf!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
UncleNos Posted - 18/07/2011 : 17:15:26
hi peeps just a quick question i have buster one of my royals who last night let one go big time when he was pooing that i'm not so concerned about when he was farting he had his mouth open and had mucus at the side when he closed it so we had a look inside when i got him out and there was nothing there he hasn't gaped since then or had any bubbles nor have we herd any popping as you would with an R.I so not sure if this is the start of another R.I as we have not long treated him for one all his temps are normal etc we also checked him this morning still no bubbles,mucus or popping do you think i should take him to the vets or just keep him in quarantine and keep a close eye on him??
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
UncleNos Posted - 19/07/2011 : 16:05:24
Lol so you have...yes think we heading the same way :)
n/a Posted - 19/07/2011 : 11:29:29
Hi, UncleNos - I've been busy too - erm, seen my sig ...

Severe snake addiction I think! Love them!
UncleNos Posted - 18/07/2011 : 21:27:45
lol yes its is funny when they do it he's quite the theatrical snake he stretches out and then scrunches back when he does it poor thing frightens himself then he goes all coy and puts his head under himself like he's embarrassed lol.
Hi BATS not been on for a while been busy with work and stuff hows things with you?
Lotabob Posted - 18/07/2011 : 19:53:38
Where do you buy loud water?

Duke's a trumping snake too, occasionally when you pick him up the act of picking him up squeezes a toot out of him.
Kelfezond Posted - 18/07/2011 : 18:24:17
Mine do it sometimes as well, I hear what sounds like my radiator being pumped with loud water, look in the viv and see them shaking their heads around and wake up the next day to find they've painted their hide brown.

Doesn't seem to cause any problem and it's never a regular thing for mine.
n/a Posted - 18/07/2011 : 17:51:20
Hi, Unclenos, long time no hear - how's things?

LOL - Buster's well named! I think that if you rang the vet for advice they would tell you to keep an eye on him and if you saw any other sign of mucus/RI to bring him in.

I wonder if the effort of the, erm, defecation (sounds like the 1812 overture, complete with cannons) made him gasp and drool for a moment - hope that's all it was. All the best with him.

It always makes me laugh when I hear about snakes farting ...I mean, you wouldn't think they would! Mind you the pine snake has a defence mechanism called 'anal popping' - in other words, it farts at you!

amendment - Hodgie, we overlapped.
hodgie Posted - 18/07/2011 : 17:48:30
They can all yawn and make the odd noise so just keep a close eye on him, i`d imagine there would have to be a reason for a snake to get an RI and as you`ve said your temps have are fine, If you had a power cut for a period of time then i`d say get professional advice.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000