The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Health
 Need HELP!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
reptilemadd Posted - 10/08/2011 : 10:39:27
Hi guys hope your all well......

I uncovered Cerb's viv this morning to find he'd left me a present He'd shed so I checked for the eye caps and tail tip, as you do which were all there, but the shed itself was very ruffled and a bit ripped so just to make sure it was complete I got him out.

Everything looked just fine nice shinny new snake :) then just as I was putting back his hide I noticed some blotches on the kitchen roll I still use as bedding anyway I removed the piece of roll only to fined the blotches were blood!! which looked fresh, so I frantically checked him over again but couldn't see any signs of any sort of wound, I haven't fed him in his viv for the last couple of feeds, and although I check every few days for poo and uraites and clean accordingly I haven't done a full clean out for a few weeks if I'm honest, so not sure if the blood was from the last feed in the viv, so since there are no visible wounds on him does anyone think it is something to worry about???? sorry for the essay lol..
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 11/08/2011 : 10:09:25
Glad to hear he's ok.
reptilemadd Posted - 11/08/2011 : 07:48:55
Well everything seems fine with Cerb since I'm guessing he wouldn't have eaten last night had he been unwell :), we even had the "Oh your warmer than the rat, please come over here and play look lol:)"
sandi Posted - 10/08/2011 : 20:44:10
I've heard of it too. Good luck and keep us posted!
reptilemadd Posted - 10/08/2011 : 18:28:37
Thanks for all the replys guys I feel a lot better now I never experienced it with my corn snakes so it was a bit of a shock, but will keep an eye on him for a few days just to make sure....
prozacbear Posted - 10/08/2011 : 16:20:22
I've heard of other snakes with blood spots from the vent during shedding, Many people just don't notice because of their substrate but with kitchen towel it's obvious.
n/a Posted - 10/08/2011 : 15:03:35
Yeah, never seen it myself but have often heard they can pass a little blood from the vent during shed - didn't know corns could do that too! Useful bit of info.
AddicksGlenn Posted - 10/08/2011 : 14:46:54
Hi m8, quite often find patches of blood in the rub's after mine shed.
If you can't see a wound, i would suggest it's probably nothing to worry about.
Evolution Morphs Posted - 10/08/2011 : 12:58:57
Wife's had blood from the corn snakes shed before
So I'd say no need to worry. Buddy
Lotabob Posted - 10/08/2011 : 12:37:17
My corn bleeds a little bit from the vent when he sheds, its usually only visible on the shed with a slight reverse impression of his internal bits too. I'm guessing it wouldnt have been much blood and the papertowel has just absorbed it and made it look like more than there was.
reptilemadd Posted - 10/08/2011 : 11:46:36
Thanks GMac I will keep an eye on him, they were to big for mites mark thanks :)
markmifsud Posted - 10/08/2011 : 11:05:04
how big were the blotches, if tiny, they could be squashed mites?
GMac Posted - 10/08/2011 : 10:45:06
It is possible it is from the vent during shedding, has happened a few times with ours and our corns. If there is no visible damage to your snake i would assume its from either the shedding or the foods. I wouldnt worry but I would keep an eye for a few days.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000