The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Health
 Tig's got a lump...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
BlueDragon Posted - 20/08/2011 : 12:10:23
So the other day I noticed this small lump on his side, sort of where his 'breathy' ribs are. Thinking I might just be worrying over nothing I just kept an eye on it. But it's gotten bigger. It's not hard, it feels like maybe fat under the skin? That kind of texture to it. I can't imagine it's his rat 'cause he got fed on Monday so surely it would have moved further down by now? It's not anything to do with water 'cause he hates it. Wouldn't sit in water unless I made him. So what on earth could it be?

It's a hard thing to photograph, so I hope you can see what I mean.

On the right hand side of the fattest part of his body:

Compared to the rest of him:

And two from the side to see it sticking out:

He's totaly fine otherwise and doesn't seem to be in pain if I touch it. He's eating still and just being himself.

...Any ideas?
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
BlueDragon Posted - 26/08/2011 : 09:17:23
Pay more attention to him??? Wow, I recon if I pay him any more attention he might just explode! X )

Nah, I recon he just likes to freak me out, they seem good at that ; )
Tawfik47 Posted - 24/08/2011 : 11:53:50
happy for u and for him , may be he just wanted u to pay more attetion to him
BlueDragon Posted - 24/08/2011 : 08:53:38
Thanks BATS, at least I know it's not just me!
n/a Posted - 23/08/2011 : 11:43:50
That's good news - and it's far far better to worry and keep an eye on an animal in this situation than to assume everything will be okay!
BlueDragon Posted - 23/08/2011 : 10:20:41
An update. So it would seem I was indeed worying over nothing. I can see a pattern emerging here, no?
Tig's lump, whatever it was, has almost totaly dissapeared. I can only think that either it was a bruise or swelling from an injury (although fiddling with it and having a bit of a poke didn't even get me the evil eye) or that it was just a fat deposit.

Silly me... again : ) What are we all like, eh?
BlueDragon Posted - 21/08/2011 : 10:47:00
Nope, no other symptoms. He's his normal wants to be everywhere and into everything, cheeky, friendly, mummy's boy self. I can already tell he's hungry, so it can't of put him off his food, although tomorrow night will tell for sure. And he's still drinking and sleeping normaly.

It has actually seemed to have gone down, just a bit. But it's still just as wide, if you see what I'm saying. I couldn't actually find it at first, this morning. But it's still there. Could it be a bruise? he does sometimes fall off his perch, silly boy, but he can't ever fall far. Could he have hurt himself and now it's getting better?

I will keep a close eye on it and if it hasn't improoved by tomorrow then I'll get my mam to phone his vet. I could maybe even E-mail him Tig's photos for him to look at for a rough idea first (I can E-mail, just can't talk to him myself). He is a nice bloke, great with Tig. Gental like.

BATS, I can't see it being to do with his dodgy breathing. He does inflate his 'chest' more that other Snakes would do to get more air in his lung, but this lump thing just doesn't look like it could be related. I see what you mean though.
acd1984 Posted - 20/08/2011 : 17:08:24
It does seem like a fat lump, but like above better safe than sorry.

The vet will most probably tell you to just keep an eye on it unless there are other symptoms?
Lotabob Posted - 20/08/2011 : 14:39:11
It may be a fatty deposit or something like that but its quite large. If it was me I'd get him booked in to get it checked out by a exotics vet, I would always go for the better sfe than sorry approach, its inside the snake which is the realm of the vet.
n/a Posted - 20/08/2011 : 14:36:13
I'd definitely ask his vet, but what springs to mind is - could this be some sort of compensatory development by his body, in order to deal with all the RI problems? Asthmatics have been known to develop broader chests (because of the use of muscles?) in order for their lungs to cope ...Tig's only got one lung, so that's why he looks lopsided?

Totally off the top of my head of course. I reckon the vet should know, he sounds like a good chap.

All the very best with him - he sounds to be doing fine, but fingers crossed of course.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000