The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Health
 heavy breath

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jameshouse92 Posted - 02/11/2011 : 22:48:41
Kaiser seems to breathe really heavily compared to tia. He's slightly bigger than she is but their breathing pattern is extremely different. Is this something to concern about? He's still eating fine. Although today he decided be wanted to play with his rat for an hour -.-.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jameshouse92 Posted - 03/11/2011 : 21:04:10
Pretty much all the time. Haven't had a chancevti check on him today
Lotabob Posted - 03/11/2011 : 19:07:03
Is it actually not all the time but all the time he is out of his vivarium/RUB/faun.
jameshouse92 Posted - 03/11/2011 : 12:46:03
Its pretty much athe time. Even after he's out and relaxed. He's been like this since I got him 2 weeks ago. I think he's cooming up toa shed soon. Its not more frequently just really heavy. I'll try and upload a video later.
Lotabob Posted - 02/11/2011 : 23:21:30
Do you mean breathing heavy as in takes deeper or more breaths. If so its probably just a bit more nervous about been handled than the other.
GMac Posted - 02/11/2011 : 23:20:06
when is he breathing like this is it in his viv or when being handled? and how long have you had him?

It is possible he senses your presence and is just having a stressy moment similar to a panic attack.
Kelfezond Posted - 02/11/2011 : 23:18:48
It -can- be a sign of RI but most likely he's just recently shed (has he?) and has the shed stuck in his nose which he'll sort out himself in time.
To be honest I'm not 100% sure one of my snakes is doing the same lately but he's due to shed and he did the exact same last time he shed, I was a little worried too. Any advice from more experienced members?

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000