The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Breeding
 RUB setup for breading

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
konrad1982 Posted - 08/08/2012 : 11:51:06
Hi guys could you tell me how your rub's setup for breading looks like? I'm getting ready for next season but I'm not sure what I should have in the rub. At the minute I have just a standard set up - 2 hides, plastic plants etc. Will I still need it when introducing males in to females cages? It would be quite strange when I introduce male to female and they will hide in separate caves. When I remove caves just before breading season it may stress them a lot. Maybe I should start taking caves away now when they are still young so with time they will be fine? What would you suggest?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
konrad1982 Posted - 08/08/2012 : 12:42:55
Maybe I just worry too much but in the next 14 months I want to learn about breading as much as possible. And it is all up to my female as she is 500g at the moment but she would eat anything I would offer her. If she won't stop eating with regular feeding she should hit 1,5kg without any problem.
Kelfezond Posted - 08/08/2012 : 12:07:31
Honestly I don't think it matters too much, I wasn't expecting my eggs and they did fine on regular Aubiose
konrad1982 Posted - 08/08/2012 : 12:01:52
Thank you for super fast reply :) that makes sene. I wouldn't be happy to remove their hides and stress them because they always used to have hides since they were clutched. What about substrate? Which one will be possibly safest for eggs so they wouldn't stick to it too much?
Kelfezond Posted - 08/08/2012 : 11:52:14
I'd just leave the caves in, if they want to mate they'll do it :)

My guys tend to both cram into the same hide to breed, I always know if they're breeding because they won't fit in the hide so it'll be levitating about 1 inch off the ground with them both under it lol

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000