The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Breeding
 Big surprise

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ppl_clectr Posted - 03/11/2012 : 11:56:36
I picked up a snake a month and a half ago that I thought was a YB female, and brought her home to raise up for next years breeding. A breeder friend of mine came over to see her, confirmed that she was indeed a YB. However, she is a he, and was already producing sperm plugs. So the lucky young man is now locked with my pastel girl :) I wish I could post pics from my phone!!
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ppl_clectr Posted - 03/11/2012 : 23:38:15
Hemipenes have to come out and go back in to breed. One of the breeders I spoke with lost a pinstripe male last year to infected hemipenes. Vet figured he dragged bedding up inside. Antibiotics didn't help :(
jbarlow91 Posted - 03/11/2012 : 23:14:05
Lol I guess its just two different countries doing things different ways. From the first post I had pictures of a fully grown adult for some reason lol 400g aint that big I just remember reading somewhere that a breeder popped a large royal and his hemipenes wouldn't go back in and he ended up dyin poor thing
ppl_clectr Posted - 03/11/2012 : 20:47:24
I've checked with 2 and am waiting to hear back from a 3rd. Both say there is no merit to the not popping adult theory. I guess each to their own opinion and practice. Both breeders I checked with produce $10 000+ snakes. I will also ask Mark Mandic when I'm at his facility on the 13th and report back.
ppl_clectr Posted - 03/11/2012 : 18:19:43
He's only about 400grams. A couple of the big breeders I know here pop their snakes. In fact, one advised me that he regularly checks the hemipenes on his breeder males to make sure they haven't gotten any bedding dragged up there, and that there is nothing abnormal going on. I'm not talking about small time basement breeders, either. These are the guys you find on World of Ball Pythons, credited with creating spectacular new morphs. So what's up with that? Let me investigate this... For the record, I have only popped my hatchlings, and I'm not great at it, always have someone double check.
GMac Posted - 03/11/2012 : 17:17:55
snakes of breeding age should never be popped, there is far to much muscle build up there now and can cause severe damage. Pipping should only be done with very young snakes where they havent had a chance to build up muscle and stronger bones
jbarlow91 Posted - 03/11/2012 : 16:16:58
I thought u shouldn't pop larger snakes as it can kill them. I think popping is for baby snakes lol
ppl_clectr Posted - 03/11/2012 : 11:57:34
I must add that he was really hard to pop and I'm not great at it with bigger snakes yet.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000