The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Breeding
 Lowering temps before breeding?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
konrad1982 Posted - 01/12/2012 : 22:33:21
I'm gathering informations about breeding and according to Markus Jayne manual our first step would be lowering temperature at night. Is that necessary? If yes, how would I do that? I only use proportional pulse stats and there is no option to lower temps at night. What is your opinion about that?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kelfezond Posted - 03/12/2012 : 18:32:36
Last year I followed the Markus Jayne one - 27c at night 32c day
JodiT Posted - 03/12/2012 : 17:26:58
I lowered my temps but to be honest not as long as suggested on guides like the Markus Jayne one.. and I've had a few locks. I think give them a go and see what their reaction is to each other and if you get a lock.. if not you may need to think about adjusting temps to 'get them in the mood' shall we say. As far as I know the lowering temps tells them that it's breeding season?
Fezza Posted - 01/12/2012 : 23:06:16
I think a lot of the big, commercially successful and the smaller private/hobby breeder do cool before breeding season. By how much seems to vary, depending on who you ask

I'm not sure of the best way to go about doing that with your PP stat with physically adjusting the stat. I'm sure there's a way by using a timer to switch between one stat and another but that'd be a lot of faff. The other alternative would be to turn off the heat altogether at night and just have ambient temps
jbarlow91 Posted - 01/12/2012 : 23:03:41
Some people do lower temps but a lot of people don't bother and still end up with breeding royals lol

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000