The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Breeding
 maternal incubation

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jonoandapril Posted - 02/01/2013 : 11:27:24
just seen an article by this name over on world of ball pythons. i have often wondered how much of a difference it would make to let the mother incubate the eggs as per 'the wild'. has anyone tried this? would anyone recommend it or do we think it is still better to take the eggs away and incubate them seperatly?
just a wonder really...
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jbarlow91 Posted - 02/01/2013 : 16:28:08
If you maternally incubate the eggs the humidity don't need to be as high as it is in the incubators as the eggs don't lose as much water
jonoandapril Posted - 02/01/2013 : 15:58:09
fair one. im deffo still going with the incubator, just made me think. id always assumed that it was better to incubate than let nature take its course due to the artificial habitat we keep them in, like you said hodgie.
hodgie Posted - 02/01/2013 : 15:52:26
There was a Canadian girl that used to be on here a few years ago decided to go with maternal incubation, all of hers were hatched without any problems. It probably won`t be any good if you had yours in a viv as most peoples humidity levels are to low, proved by the number of members on here that need to raise it when their snakes shed.
reptilemadd Posted - 02/01/2013 : 13:26:46
We had a chat about this a couple of weeks ago on another thread, but basically it's a lot harder to incubate maternally high loss percentage so I don't think many people if any do it in the UK.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000