The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Breeding
 breeding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jimmer7 Posted - 13/01/2013 : 20:17:07
Hi might be a daft question, but why dont people put there male snakes out to stud, like people do with dogs, if someone had a male morph of what you would like to put with your female, instead of buying a male, you could just come to some sort of arrangement.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kelfezond Posted - 08/02/2013 : 10:23:56
I might be being incredibly selfish here but I really don't like the idea, I don't think I could do it.
Danno91 Posted - 02/02/2013 : 20:03:06
Yes i have andys female with me , I also have 1 female with a friend, and another going to a friend
jbarlow91 Posted - 14/01/2013 : 07:33:51
Plus there is the chance one of the snakes could have an illness and pass it on if the owner hadn't realised
jimmer7 Posted - 13/01/2013 : 21:35:14
Yeh I think you would need to know them or know of there experience with snakes.I was only asking as there seems to be lots of older males up for sale say breeding proved
reptiledanny Posted - 13/01/2013 : 21:09:32
iv done something similar, although i gave my female to someone for a while last year and he kept her for about 3 months using one of his males. of course the only problems with doing it is the agreements. i new the person i was doing it with and trusted them 100%, but if you dont really know the person, then written agreements is the only way to do it
Baobab Posted - 13/01/2013 : 21:09:12
Good save there Evo.
Evolution Morphs Posted - 13/01/2013 : 20:41:46
andys doing it with danno :)

Edit i just read that back
there doing a royal breeding project together
Kelfezond Posted - 13/01/2013 : 20:24:50
I think there are a few different reasons for this, the main one being that exotics can't be moved around quite so easily - any change to their usual lifestyle risks upsetting them which could cause them to lose interest in mating or much worse could stress them out and cause illnesses.

There is also probably the fact that people don't want others profiting on their expenses - as well as not wanting to risk their expensive morphs being stolen/injured/stressed etc. some of the more expensive morphs are over 10k which isn't something you just pass around to do somebody a favour.

However I know of close friends who do exchange males with some success, I believe we have a few people on TRP doing it this year.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000