The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Breeding
 Mother not fed

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kelfezond Posted - 09/06/2012 : 23:40:04
How long after laying eggs should a mother go without a feed? She's been offered a few times now but refuses each time, it's been about 5 months since her last feed (due to fasting for breeding) but she obviously lost a lot of weight laying her eggs, little worried now, it's been about three weeks now since she laid.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jhk2005 Posted - 10/06/2012 : 22:05:06
silly question but have u washed her and her viv? I read in a few books that you have to wash everything (including her) with a mild solution of washing up liquid and then rinse to get rid of the scent of the eggs or this can stop females eating? hope this helps matey :)
Kelfezond Posted - 10/06/2012 : 12:15:41
Aye was getting a bit worried myself, will try some smaller feeds as I've been offering her things she took down at her big weight.
reptiledanny Posted - 10/06/2012 : 12:06:27
im sure i read that really if there not feeding 8 weeks after laying then you need to try to get them feeding as the amount of weight they drop is alot and they need to start regaining it quite quickly. but dont quote me on that as as you know iv not had a female lay for me

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000