The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Breeding
 Getting good foundation breeding stock

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Clyde Posted - 06/07/2012 : 21:06:05
I've been keeping royal pythons for a good few years now, and my partner nd I have decided that we would like to start breeding. At the moment, we only have normals but we would like to breed other morphs, like fire, mojave etc.

I was wondering, as this is all completely new to me, where would be a good place to start and get good breeding stock? And what sort of records would they need with them? I'm happy to get them as hatchlings and wait until they mature before breeding as we'll need some time to get everything set up anyway, I just don't know where to start with obtaining the right snakes.

Hope someone can help!

Thanks
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Evolution Morphs Posted - 06/07/2012 : 21:22:40
Another thing I do is buy
Double gene male
triple if money is no object For yourself

That way you have males that can go to multi females

Other way around and only the males that are going round are only single gene
Fezza Posted - 06/07/2012 : 21:20:16
Check out Worldofballpythons.com for a list of morphs. My advice would be to pick the morphs you like the look of, at the end of the day your going to be the one caring for them over the next X amount of years

On the Worldofballpythons there is a genetic wizard that let's you "breed" a male and female of your choice to see what outcome you get. It's great fun

Once you've chosen, you can track down the animals either on reptile forum uk or captivebred classifieds. There are lots of private breeders and reptile shops out there to chose from

Good luck and enjoy
Evolution Morphs Posted - 06/07/2012 : 21:15:55
A good place and many of mine come from
Crystal palace reptiles
http://www.crystalpalacereptiles.com

Another place to have a look to see what morphs you like /want to maybe make is
www.worldofballpythons.com
And have a play about with the genetic wizard
hodgie Posted - 06/07/2012 : 21:15:49
I`ve never heard of good breeding stock with snakes, its not like pedigree dogs etc. If you want to start then you really need to decide what morphs you want and snap up the females when they become available. Dont worry about the males until a later date as they dont need to be so old to breed.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000