The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Morphs
 What would get?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
paulo Posted - 08/07/2010 : 13:54:24
I was just wondering in you breed a bumblebee and Pied royal what type of offspring would you get?

Also has anyone had any interesting locks so far this year?
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
reptiledanny Posted - 19/08/2010 : 15:26:55
god, i have been away for a few days and look what i have missed lol
wow, piers, i am friend, i love albino pins, they are stunning
paulo, if u wanted something super amazing, go for a dreamsicle, gentics are lavender albino and pied, so it would be the same way to make the albino pied, just instead of a regular albino it would be a lavender albino, only prob with that is it could be expensive lol
hodgie Posted - 18/08/2010 : 20:53:55
Lemonblasts are absolutely stunning, saw this one in the flesh when i bought my Bumblebee. http://www.tempwebsite7.co.uk/available_description.php?snakesid=LWR00342M
paulo Posted - 18/08/2010 : 15:13:31
Very nice
Blackecho Posted - 18/08/2010 : 14:03:08
Yes, she's only small, will be 2012 for her probably.

Lemon Blast: http://www.royalexotics.com/lemon%20blast%202009%20large.jpg

paulo Posted - 18/08/2010 : 12:58:11
I like the BEL and Albino Pin, I'm also a fan of the Albino spinner too, haven't really seen any fire pins or lemon blasts, hope they all come of for you though, do you have long before your Super Pastel is ready for breeding?

Blackecho Posted - 18/08/2010 : 12:36:19
Very nice, I'm not sure what the genetics are behind the AOD, I think they may still be secret?

I have plans for Black Eyed Leucistics, Fire Pins, Lemon Blasts and Albino Pins in the near future
paulo Posted - 18/08/2010 : 12:11:58
Sounds like an interesting project, What you say was the best morph you have had luck with? And do you have any project for an unusual morph on the go?

Looking through the morph list their are so many I would try, wish I had the time, space and money to get a selection projects going.

When I saw this one I thought it was stunning, has an unusual name though "Angel of death"

Blackecho Posted - 18/08/2010 : 12:00:44
Albino Pieds are indeed amazing, very few around. Basically as both genes are recessive, to have a chance of creating one, both parents must carry the gene.

There are many ways in which you could start, depending on your budget, but probably the best way to start would be:

First Generation: Albino x Pied (~£1500) to create all normals het Albino and het Pied (double het Albino Pied)

Second generation: dh Albino Pied x dh Albino Pied = (1 in 16)6.25% chance per egg of an Albino Pied

Keep your fingers crossed for the odds gods and you have your Albino Pied for £1500 in 3 years.

Cheaper Alternative.

First Generation: het Pied x het Pied (~£200) = 25% chance of Pied
First Generation: het Albino x het Albino (~£150) = 25% chance of Albino

Then start as above. If you get lucky with the odds you have your Albino Pied for £350 in about 6 years.
paulo Posted - 18/08/2010 : 11:42:47
Cheers for the quick reponse, both breeds seem very tempting also how would you make and Albino Pied?
Blackecho Posted - 18/08/2010 : 11:19:13
To simplify it a little:

25% Normal
75% Spider

All 50% poss het for Albino, 50% poss het for Pied

In my opinion, that pairing would be pretty pointless, too many recessive genes (Albino and Pied) that need both parents to contain them to produce a visual version.

Maybe you could go along the Spider het Albino x Albino route to make Albino Spiders(gorgeous) - 25% Chance per egg
Or Spider het Albino x het Albino to make Albino Spiders - 12.5% chance per egg
Or Spider het Pied x Pied for Spieds - 25% Chance per egg
Or Spider het Pied x het Pied for Spieds - 12.5% Chance per egg
paulo Posted - 18/08/2010 : 10:40:46
Hi Blackecho,

Sorry to bother you with another what would you get question, tried using the wizard linked in the sticky, but I think your knowledge is a little better, if you had Spider Het Albino and breed it with a Spider Het Piebald what would you be likely to get? Also do you know what price I should be looking to pay for those spider het's I want to start a little breeding project but want to try for something a little more unique.

The wizards results are detailed below.
6.25%: Normal
6.25%: Het Piebald
6.25%: Spider
6.25%: Het Piebald, Spider
6.25%: Het Albino
6.25%: Het Albino, Het Piebald
6.25%: Het Albino, Spider
6.25%: Het Albino, Het Piebald, Spider
6.25%: Spider, Het Piebald
6.25%: Spider, Het Piebald
6.25%: Het Albino, Spider, Het Piebald
6.25%: Het Albino, Spider, Het Piebald
paulo Posted - 13/07/2010 : 09:37:34
are u breeding these parings?

No not yet, but I was thinking of persuading the misses on letting have a couple more snakes to start a small breeding project a what I could try a breed that you don't see to often without spending a small fortune on some young animals that may not actually be able to breed once they mature.
reptiledanny Posted - 11/07/2010 : 14:41:57
are u breeding these parings?
Blackecho Posted - 09/07/2010 : 11:03:19
Yes you can, but not first generation from that pairing.

Such as the Spider x Pied (Spied): http://www.roussisreptiles.com/images/pics/pied_spider/10L.jpg
paulo Posted - 09/07/2010 : 09:13:42
Can you get the Pied trait to mix with other Morths that are Co Dom, or will it not do that because it is a recessive trait?
Blackecho Posted - 08/07/2010 : 15:38:17
25% chance of each:

Normal het Pied
Spider het Pied
Pastel het Pied
Bumblebee het Pied

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000