The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Morphs
 Piebald het breeding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kelfezond Posted - 14/11/2010 : 19:06:58
Hello everyone.

Thinking about the future from little Diablo (male 100% piebald het) and if I'll breed him, been looking at some genetics calculators but Piebalds seem to not be very popular here.

Any suggestions on what I should breed him with for various results, been thinking about getting another het pied female to breed a full piebald but is there anything else I can breed a het with for interesting results?

If not, how about in the future-future for a full piebald?
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kelfezond Posted - 19/03/2011 : 11:12:16
Here is my video thread
http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5081

Here is my picture thread

http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4820
nok1888 Posted - 19/03/2011 : 11:00:58
quote:
Originally posted by hiper2009

quote:
Originally posted by Kelfezond

Forgot about this thread.

My plans have unfolded now and I am going with the Axanthic Piebald :)

Can I see a pic of your Scar - Axanthic please .

Have a look at the video section hes got 1 on youtube of his snakes m8 nice collection
nok1888 Posted - 19/03/2011 : 10:59:29
Sounds good
hiper2009 Posted - 19/03/2011 : 10:49:12
quote:

Can I see a pic of your Scar - Axanthic please .
Kelfezond Posted - 19/03/2011 : 10:15:46

nok1888 Posted - 19/03/2011 : 07:51:21
Pied x clown beautiful, pity a clown will set you back around 12-1500
hiper2009 Posted - 18/03/2011 : 20:28:06
Fantasic thread !!
reptiledanny Posted - 12/12/2010 : 15:58:08
wow, but then you have the problem of affording the desert, let alone the desert het pied lol
boze Posted - 12/12/2010 : 15:37:43
Desert Pied.....

Yummy...

D
python23 Posted - 12/12/2010 : 15:15:36
good thread is this, waiting for my 100% hetpied female to come from crystal palace reptiles, hopefully will have a visual pied in a couple of years, then i would look at pinstripe pieds, i hate wating though, its such a slow process, unless you have serious dollar.
Kelfezond Posted - 15/11/2010 : 22:28:07
Cheers, was wondering :)

If anyone has any hatchlings planned for next year that include het piebald or adults for that matter that they're thinking of selling let me know :)
reptiledanny Posted - 15/11/2010 : 20:43:03
your welcome, just hold down ctrl if you want something like pastel het piedball on the pastel and the hold ctrl and click het pied
Kelfezond Posted - 15/11/2010 : 20:38:11
Ah that's enlightening, been trying to find a calculator like that, thanks a bunch :D
reptiledanny Posted - 15/11/2010 : 18:12:03
if you have a male het pied then the only way to get pied babies will to either breed him to a pied or to a het pied female, you will ahve more chance of getting pieds if you breed your het pied male to a pied female but it would cost you about 700 quid for a female pied, whereas a female het pied would cost you about 200 (i got mine for 150 from someone i now)
anything thats is het pied will produce some pieds with your het pied male (thats if they are 100% het pied) so a pastel het pied will produce pieds and pastel pieds along with normals (some het for pied but you cannot tell)
here is a good site to put breeding plans into
http://www.worldofballpythons.com/wizard/
Kelfezond Posted - 15/11/2010 : 16:19:03
Righto.

Short time plan will be to breed a Piebald.

Long time plan will be an Albino Piebald.
Royalbob Posted - 15/11/2010 : 13:37:18
quote:

I have the het for pied but I wasn't sure if the effect would come out in the babies unless I bred it with a full piebald, The albino piebald is pretty nice could that be bred with an albino female and a 100% het pied male or would I need a piebald and a albino?

If you bred your 100%het pied to a normal half the eggs would be also 100% het pied but because you would be able to tell the differance between the babies they would be known as 50% possible hets until proven. Then they would become 100% hets.

An albino piebald is a double recessive. breed your het to produce a visual pied. breed this visual pied to an albino for 100% double hets for both albino and pied. Then breed these double hets back to each other for a 1:16 chance of producing an albino pied.
Royalbob Posted - 15/11/2010 : 11:19:52
T stands for Tyrosinase. It's the enzyme that is responsible for the synthesis of melanin (darker pigment). So a T-Albino will be white and yellow because it lacks tyrosinase (hence the "-"). A T+Albino has tyrosinase so it has a darker pigment (some would say a "caramel" appearance). So a T- albino is a classic looking albino and a caramel albino is a T+

Hope that makes sense.
Kelfezond Posted - 15/11/2010 : 10:58:40
Whats the T- mean in the Albino Piebald?
Royalbob Posted - 15/11/2010 : 10:47:45
As above, but rely depends on your budget and time that you want to see results. ( based on punnet square, 4 egg clutch)

1. Breeding him to a female 100% het pied you would get 1 normal, 1 pied and 100% hets but as the hets will look like normals the remaining 3 will all be 66% het for pied until proven by breeding. Het pied female 10' £150 - 200

2. breeding him to a Homozygous (visual) pied you get out of 4 offspring, 2 visual pieds and 2 100% het pieds. visual female pied £900 + or - £100 depending on white amount.

3. Then you can go into recessives such as axanthics and clowns to produce some amazing pieds. Possibilities are endless, here's some to get you thinking.

Pastel Piebald (Pastel and Piebald)
Spider Piebald (Spider and Piebald)
Panda Piebald (Super Cinnamon/Black Pastel and Piebald)
Enchi Pied (Enchi and Piebald)
Axanthic Piebald (Axanthic and Piebald)
Albino Piebald (T- Albino and Piebald)
Dreamsicle (Lavender Albino and Piebald)
Pinstripe Piebald (Pinstripe and Piebald)
Clown Piebald (Clown and Piebald)
Lesser Pied (Lesser Platinum and Piebald)
Kelfezond Posted - 15/11/2010 : 10:43:50
I have the het for pied but I wasn't sure if the effect would come out in the babies unless I bred it with a full piebald, The albino piebald is pretty nice could that be bred with an albino female and a 100% het pied male or would I need a piebald and a albino?

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000