The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Morphs
 Double Hets

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hiper2009 Posted - 21/03/2011 : 15:27:57
How does a Royal end up with Double Hets ? And does a Double het mean if you had two genes of Pastel in one snake and bred that to a normal you would get super pastels and pastels as the one with the Double Het is carrying two genes ?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
reptiledanny Posted - 21/03/2011 : 17:24:18
basically a double het is a royal that has 2 hets in it. it could be a normal het albino and pied, or it could be a pinstripe het albino and pied. like kelf sed alot of the higher end morphs end up with double hets like lightning pieds (axanthic pied) and are really hard to come by.
with the one female to mutiple males, yes you can get hets through that, but you would not know. i have seen people say get a female spider, breed a pastel to it for a couple of days, then put it with a lesser male for a couple of days, and then when the eggs hatch they have got a queen bee ( spider, pastel, lesser) but this is very rare. plus say if you breed a female pastel to a male albino and a male pied, the only prob is you would not know what hets the babies has, so you would have to breed them out to find out
hope this helps
Kelfezond Posted - 21/03/2011 : 17:16:06
I don't think the female will have double hets from multiple males, i'd guess the eggs are only fertalized by one male, though i'm not sure :p

And no you can have morphed double hets like spider het pied and axanthic, and I think the soulsucker is two recessive genes and the hidden woma gene so I guess thats kind of a triple recessive.

I'm not that sure though i've only just mastered how single recessives and co-doms work lol
hiper2009 Posted - 21/03/2011 : 17:12:18
quote:
Originally posted by Kelfezond

As far as I know a double het takes a while to breed.

You need to get two hets (can skip this phase but I'll tell it anyway)

for instance, I'm doing a het pied male and female together.

that'll give me a chance of a regular piebald, then I'd breed the piebald (a recessive gene) to my axanthic (another recessive gene)

that'll give me a double het, het pied&axanthic

Then I'll breed those siblings together...

which'll be something like

12%ish piebald
12%ish axanthic
6% Piebald axanthic

(and a bunch of hets, would need to use a calculator to work it out exactly)

Oh right so the Double Hets are normals or can they be morphed to have a double het as well ?

Also have a question when a female breeds with two different other males i.e Female Spider breeds with Pastel male for few days then swaps that male for another male that is a Lesser platy , does those baby's have double hets or even triple hets as there was 3 different morphs used ? I think I have confused my self now lol ^^.
Kelfezond Posted - 21/03/2011 : 16:16:04
As far as I know a double het takes a while to breed.

You need to get two hets (can skip this phase but I'll tell it anyway)

for instance, I'm doing a het pied male and female together.

that'll give me a chance of a regular piebald, then I'd breed the piebald (a recessive gene) to my axanthic (another recessive gene)

that'll give me a double het, het pied&axanthic

Then I'll breed those siblings together...

which'll be something like

12%ish piebald
12%ish axanthic
6% Piebald axanthic

(and a bunch of hets, would need to use a calculator to work it out exactly)

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000