The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Morphs
 Banana Ball..??

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jayde Posted - 17/12/2011 : 10:31:05
Just wondering if anyone on the site either has one (with intention of breeding) or if anyone has seen them in their local exotics or at any of the shows? If so, any idea on price, or suspected price?
I've never come across them in person or searches so really wouldn't know where to set the mark at!

I've only asked my local food shop so far, who sadly have said they've never seen them on their stock lists so I will broaden my search in the new year, but it's always good to ask here too
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Jayde Posted - 10/05/2012 : 12:46:35
I watched a constrictors limited video on WOBP the other week and it was about his first clutch from a banana, as he was going on about how he'd invested in some a few years back. I can't remember much (apart from thinking how jealous i was and that i wanted one!) as I was still dosed up from my hospital trip. I'm almost positive he said he'd bought males, but maybe try and search it out and see if he mentions anything about it on the video.
reptilemadd Posted - 10/05/2012 : 10:25:28
I can't shed any light on it I'm afraid but yep it's true that's why they are still high (price wise) and will probably stay that way for quite a while..
jonoandapril Posted - 10/05/2012 : 09:57:04
resurecting an old thread here, but had a chat with a local breeder and he reckons banana royals are turning out to be a bit of an epic! apparently the males are mega expensive due to them just not being very produceable? he reckoned something like 95% of bananas were female due to some genetic thing stopping them being male?? i was confused as hell... anyone shed any light on this?
n/a Posted - 20/12/2011 : 11:56:26
Lol! Couldn't resist!
reptilemadd Posted - 20/12/2011 : 09:39:54
LMAO so you should be go stand in the corner for an hour
n/a Posted - 19/12/2011 : 18:56:50
Looks like bananas don't grow on trees ...

Sorry ...!!
reptilemadd Posted - 19/12/2011 : 17:40:46
Me too cause if one of those beauties was caught in the wild I think you'd have to be a secret millionaire to afford it, I'm thinking it might have been a surprise hatchling from a coral glow or caramel or something along those lines....
Kelfezond Posted - 19/12/2011 : 14:04:55
Same, I'm still not 100% convinced that it's not a combo :P
reptilemadd Posted - 19/12/2011 : 14:01:36
Lmao that goes without saying Kelf I must admit I didn't know that the banana "just came into being" as such I did think it was a combo meal lol
Kelfezond Posted - 19/12/2011 : 10:53:52
Although for the record there are a load of genetics videos already out there :)
None feature a beard as epic as mine though of course.
Kelfezond Posted - 19/12/2011 : 10:53:22
It'll be on here in my video section, unfortunately feeding day has interupted my schedule so I'll probably be making it tuesday or wednesday now :)
jonoandapril Posted - 19/12/2011 : 10:52:32
a genetics vid? sounds good. putting it on here or do i need to search youtube??
Jayde Posted - 18/12/2011 : 22:01:52
For me it's when you start getting into the double recessive stuff.. that's when I become abit confused.
Kelfezond Posted - 18/12/2011 : 21:25:04
You will soon as I'm making a genetics video tuesday :D
jonoandapril Posted - 18/12/2011 : 20:18:06
pffft... il never understand the gene thing :(
Jayde Posted - 18/12/2011 : 18:10:15
This is what I thought when first looking into it, seems like theres abit of confusion in all the information ... quite a conundrum!!
Kelfezond Posted - 18/12/2011 : 17:44:08
I might make a fool out of myself here but as it says that the banana ball is a co dominant morph (and a basic morph) and as it has been paired with tons of other morphs with reletive ease I would assume that you cannot "Make" a banana ball any more than you could make a pastel or a spider?
reptilemadd Posted - 18/12/2011 : 17:31:42
Can't help on what makes a banana sorry but as far as my breeding plans I'm building up to a super pastel clown can't wait lol although the next four to six years will seem a lot longer
Jayde Posted - 18/12/2011 : 16:33:35
I've no idea how on earth I'd breed one!! It's a basic co-dom gene. According to The Complete Ball Python by Kevin McCurley, it's listed as another name for a coral glow, along with the name whitesmoke?? (which I'v never heard of), produced by NERD in 2002 & the genes are dominant / possible co-dom.

On World of Ball pythons, the coral glow information is the same as the book, with the only other aka as Whitesmoke
& has no super form.
But for Banana Ball it's information is listed as co-dom, produced by Will Slough in 2003, not other aka,& does have a super.

I must admit that as juveniles, it's pretty hard to tell the difference between a Banana & coral glow (going by world of ball pythons photo's) the only difference I can see is that coral glows seems to speckle, where as the banana near as damn it doesn't (it has maybe 5 dots in comparison to a coral)

Conflicting information.. I'm not sure which to go by!!
jonoandapril Posted - 18/12/2011 : 10:31:34
you could always try breeding on yourself? no idea what genes are in the banana royal tho, and i bet buying in the morphs to breed one would be flippin expensive aswell... im glad iv only got my eye set on lower end morphs atm or id be done for!

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000