Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2009 :  23:07:28  Show Profile
As we are heading into warmer weather just thought i would ask as i love the seasons and what they bring...

I love thunderstorms and love to watch them..and i love to walk in heavy rain to..

I am bored so am just curious...

has anyone ever seen a tornado here?

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2009 :  23:09:33  Show Profile
1: love em but we dont get any decent ones here anymore, southern france get the best ones
2: yes i have seem a tornado, but i also have a strange phobia of them, despite me loving them too :)
Go to Top of Page

aimee87
Hatchling

United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2009 :  23:12:29  Show Profile
i like to walk in heavy rain too, without an umberella its theraputic. ive never seen a tornado but would love to. i like listening to heavy rain on the windows and conservatory roofs

My Pets:
1.0.0 Royal Pythons-Kiros
0.2.0 leaopard geckos- bella and spot
1.0.0 german giant bearded dragon- frankie
Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2009 :  23:21:56  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by MissCat

1: love em but we dont get any decent ones here anymore, southern france get the best ones
2: yes i have seem a tornado, but i also have a strange phobia of them, despite me loving them too :)

quote:
i like to walk in heavy rain too, without an umberella its theraputic. ive never seen a tornado but would love to. i like listening to heavy rain on the windows and conservatory roofs

my youngest is fascinated by tornados...as i am..he is always looking for funnels in stormy weather and for rotating clouds...i would like to see one, but from a distance..

Native Americans look at rain as cleansing the spirit, ie it washes away your troubles..lol..

But yes it is theraputic..

-- Source Unknown

Edited by - wolfspirit on 14/04/2009 23:24:43
Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2009 :  23:27:36  Show Profile
rainwater in a low air pollution area, caught in a jar then placed in the light of a full moon is good for cleansing/purifying spellwork and herbal teas :)
sorry..... :D

Edited by - MissCat on 14/04/2009 23:30:34
Go to Top of Page

Ninja
Yearling

United Kingdom
103 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2009 :  23:30:19  Show Profile
Saw a beautiful storm from our 10th floor balcony in Key Largo, could see a whole sky over the sea and saw lightning forks and everything. Looked like an oil painting, lit up the whole sky.

Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2009 :  23:49:04  Show Profile
quote:

rainwater in a low air pollution area, caught in a jar then placed in the light of a full moon is good for cleansing/purifying spellwork and herbal teas :)

hmmm...would be good to find a low pollution area..

Cat can i ask you something? dont be offended, but do you use wiccan practices?

-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2009 :  23:55:16  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by wolfspirit

quote:

hmmm...would be good to find a low pollution area..

Cat can i ask you something? dont be offended, but do you use wiccan practices?

do you promise not to burn me at the stake if i say yes? ^_^
Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2009 :  00:10:29  Show Profile
do you do white witch stuff to..lol...

Cat it does not bother me, i find all these things fascinating..

it was all the stuff you sent me yesterday, made me realise that you might be doing one or the other..lol..

it is good to pull rescources and learn...most of the stuff and healing i know is from the NA stuff i learned, but i also know a lot about natural healing using real foods and herbs/flowers as well..

-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2009 :  00:17:05  Show Profile
talking of storms, when we get bad ones i unplug everything, but what about my snakes? should i take the plugs out on them to? i dont want them fried if lightening hits.

-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2009 :  00:19:05  Show Profile
lol well in answer to your question yes i am a practising solitary wiccan, best way to put it is under the term "hedge witch", in that i deal mostly with plants, herbs, oils etc. The spellwork i do is always nature based and as such is as chaotic as nature itself, meaning that i dont hold too stiffly with rituals, incantations etc but stick to the basics, keep it simple, use what i have to hand and do what feels right :D
that's all i will put, not because i take offense at being asked about it, but because 1) i find it a very personal thing and 2) i hate feeling like i am trying to "educate" or ram it down people's throats, reminds me of the jehovas witnesses who keep trying to convert me lol. (at first there was only one at my door, once a month, but once hey found out what my belief system is i get them knocking in groups of 4, once a week! LOL. i am still waiting for one to say "suffer thee not a witch to live" rofl)
i hope this doesnt put anyone off me now LOL :)
Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2009 :  00:20:20  Show Profile
quote:

talking of storms, when we get bad ones i unplug everything, but what about my snakes? should i take the plugs out on them to? i dont want them fried if lightening hits.

i have all mine on a surge protector. only cos the OH told me to. don't know if it would make any difference LOL
Go to Top of Page

Ninja
Yearling

United Kingdom
103 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2009 :  00:27:59  Show Profile
quote:

lol well in answer to your question yes i am a practising solitary wiccan, best way to put it is under the term "hedge witch", in that i deal mostly with plants, herbs, oils etc. The spellwork i do is always nature based and as such is as chaotic as nature itself, meaning that i dont hold too stiffly with rituals, incantations etc but stick to the basics, keep it simple, use what i have to hand and do what feels right :D
that's all i will put, not because i take offense at being asked about it, but because 1) i find it a very personal thing and 2) i hate feeling like i am trying to "educate" or ram it down people's throats, reminds me of the jehovas witnesses who keep trying to convert me lol. (at first there was only one at my door, once a month, but once hey found out what my belief system is i get them knocking in groups of 4, once a week! LOL. i am still waiting for one to say "suffer thee not a witch to live" rofl)

I think it's very interesting. I know people with allllll sorts of beliefs. Got people into magick etc etc, doesnt change the person I know/like. As long as you're not sacrificing/harming humans or animals its entirely up to you and whatever makes you happy imo.

Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2009 :  00:30:20  Show Profile
quote:

Not put off at all, as i said i find it fascinating, and yes i understand it being personal to you...i just had a gut feeling after your knowledge of stuff i knew and did not know..

I hope i did not embarrass you by asking, i did not intend to..

Maybe through email i might learn some more in the way of herbal treatments from you..it is always good to know these things, i hate the meds that are prescribed via doctors and will always go the natural route if i have the knowledge

do you know of a treatment for old cats with thyroid problems?

i did think of nettle or dandelion, but would be hard, i have heard that seaweed is good for thyroid to..

as for Jehovahs, i just answer the door with my GSD now and they normally go away...

i did once tell them that i followed the Native American way of living, but they looked at me like i had come from another planet.lol... did not have a clue what i was talking about.

Chloe normally does the trick, her bark is worse than her bite and it works...

-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2009 :  00:32:59  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Ninja

I think it's very interesting. I know people with allllll sorts of beliefs. Got people into magick etc etc, doesnt change the person I know/like. As long as you're not sacrificing/harming humans or animals its entirely up to you and whatever makes you happy imo.

i feel like that to, but still in this day and age people are set in there ways, though there is less of a stigma now days, i think because maybe people realise that it is not crap and a lot are looking for answers as to why this planet is in such a mess from the environment to the people that inhabit it...

-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2009 :  00:48:47  Show Profile
LOL i am always having to explain that no, i dont participate in orgies in the woods on a full moon, no i dont sacrifice people/babies/animals etc, infact the only things ever sacrificed are plants and even that is ofset by harvesting them the right way, saying a quick thanks to whichever deity neccesary and planting some more at the next oportunity ^_^
you didn't embarress me at all, i am just used to negative reactions, even my OH doesnt react too well to it LOL
as for the thyroid probs in elderly cats, i'll have to have a read up on that in the morning, as some treatments for hoomans are not suitable for certain animals, that and i haven't had cause to learn about that so far :D so i will have a mooch around my books lol :D
oh but the sea kelp called Bladderwrack is supposed to be good i remember that one :p
off to bed now, night night :D x

Edited by - MissCat on 15/04/2009 00:55:23
Go to Top of Page

Ninja
Yearling

United Kingdom
103 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2009 :  00:51:13  Show Profile
quote:
i feel like that to, but still in this day and age people are set in there ways, though there is less of a stigma now days, i think because maybe people realise that it is not crap and a lot are looking for answers as to why this planet is in such a mess from the environment to the people that inhabit it...

I agree. A lot can be said for open mindedness, but I suppose you're right in people being set in their ways and we gotta be open minded and sensitive to them also.

EDIT: For Cat's post. I can sorta empathise you in the way that people dont always react in a way you'd feel more comfortable. I'm pretty heavily into body modification which may also be seen like a sort of 'taboo' (Not my opinion at ALL that anything spiritual is weird OR taboo, and I'm not stupid enough to think that anything to do with white magic and the like would ever signify sacrificing.. although the naked dancing in the wood sounds fun ) As an example I have stretched earlobes that at one point were 35mm. I pretty much constantly had people asking me why I did it, and looked at me like I had inflicted some sort of grotesque disfigurment on myself and belonged in a circus. God forbid I tell them a vast majority of my friends had done suspension where by trying to enter a state of out of body experience by being hung from meathooks through their flesh!!!!

Not a religious/spiritual sort of sense, but I know how it feels to not be able to be entirely open about your way of life/beliefs, with fear of being personally attacked or frowned upon for what you deem right for you.

Edited by - Ninja on 15/04/2009 00:56:52
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2009 :  06:37:09  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
I saw the most amazing lightening storm once just off a Greek island, sat on the beech one night and watched it for ages. Like a free fireworks display.

Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2009 :  08:24:42  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

I saw the most amazing lightening storm once just off a Greek island, sat on the beech one night and watched it for ages. Like a free fireworks display.

They are beautiful arent they? especially at night, have you seen some of the sizes of the storm clouds that they get in the US? they are awesome..

there are some great photos here

http://www.weatherstock.com/

-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2009 :  08:46:54  Show Profile
quote:

LOL i am always having to explain that no, i dont participate in orgies in the woods on a full moon, no i dont sacrifice people/babies/animals etc, infact the only things ever sacrificed are plants and even that is ofset by harvesting them the right way, saying a quick thanks to whichever deity neccesary and planting some more at the next oportunity ^_^
you didn't embarress me at all, i am just used to negative reactions, even my OH doesnt react too well to it LOL
as for the thyroid probs in elderly cats, i'll have to have a read up on that in the morning, as some treatments for hoomans are not suitable for certain animals, that and i haven't had cause to learn about that so far :D so i will have a mooch around my books lol :D
oh but the sea kelp called Bladderwrack is supposed to be good i remember that one :p
off to bed now, night night :D x

Morning Cat;-)

I have found an alternative treatment called Thyro Pet which i will order and see how he goes..

As for how people react, my ex was the same, he does not believe in spirits and stuff...which is fine it is his choice, but the old gut feeling was it was because he was scared of admitting that it could be true..

Have you ever had an indepth look at Traditional Native American ways?

Or any indigenous peoples?

-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2009 :  09:29:18  Show Profile
quote:

[quote]

Have you ever had an indepth look at Traditional Native American ways?

Or any indigenous peoples?

Good morning to you too :)
honestly not really, though i AM interested in Traditional Native american ways, and Aborigine, i just haven't really lookied into them in any depth yet, i have looked into anicient Egyption ways pretty extensively (though not enough to be consindered anywhere near an expert) Mayans etc interest me too :)
can u recomend any good reading about native americans or any other indigeous pepoles?

Edited by - MissCat on 15/04/2009 09:31:32
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000