Other snakes
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

karl
Fully Grown Royal

1069 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2009 :  10:09:49  Show Profile  Visit karl's Homepage
Ok, so it's obvious we all like royals, but what other snakes to people lust after (which they would actually buy)?
I admit that Stig is the one snake I would choose over all others, but I do like the variety of characters I have.

I have a dwarf boa, called Ananta, who has a split personality, one minute loving, inquisitive etc, the next evil snake on acid, who i love dearly (and nearly sold 5x over)
Surf, my Coastal carpet, is a stunning snake, always hanging from his branches and the most intresting to handle (quick, deliberate, and VERY strong). He is my number two snake.
We also just bought a a garter snake, which was supposed to be something the wife could love (as surf scares her silly and she hates Ananta, stig is mine and so doesn't count apparently) btw garters rock so much more than corns, both colour and temperament too ;)

The only two snakes I still want to own are a leucistic Texas rat snake and a red atb, both for separate reasons. I know some luke large collections of one species but I like the diversity. Anyways, I was bored, what do others have/want(

Edited by - karl on 17/04/2009 10:12:07

matty18714
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2016 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2009 :  10:13:11  Show Profile
I only keep a corn apart from my royal at the moment, though I wouldnt mind a Hoggie or an IJ carpet.

Go to Top of Page

AddicksGlenn
Yearling

United Kingdom
388 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2009 :  10:49:33  Show Profile  Click to see AddicksGlenn's MSN Messenger address
I like the green tree pythons, irian jaya carpets and egg eating snakes.
Not sure i'll get anything other than a royal morph in the future though. But which one, would be a difficult decision as i like so many.

Go to Top of Page

chris100575
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
743 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2009 :  11:50:27  Show Profile
I'd love a Dumeril's boa, I just need to convince the GF that we have room for another viv.

There are lots of other snakes that I love, but am actually wanting to buy a Dum. It'll have to wait a while though as we're having some building work done.

0.1.0 Royal Python - Princess
0.1.0 BCI - Feather
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2009 :  12:56:20  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
If I was to move away from Royals it'd be to either a Carpet or something arboreal.

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2009 :  13:14:42  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
I have a corn and mexican black king snake,im thinking of getting another mexi or a pinstripe royal in the future

Members map-------Want to be on the map?

Go to Top of Page

dazb
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2847 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2009 :  15:40:21  Show Profile
i have corns and leo gecko aswell as my royals, but i do fancy carpets or dwarf boas next...

Would like something more aboreal and that was on disply/out and about more...

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
Fully Grown Royal

Azerbaijan
1550 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2009 :  16:56:46  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address
I currently have a normal royal and a carolina corn. My Dumeril's should be here soon. Won't be buying anything for a while now. Next is the Royal morph breeding stock but that's a way off. Gotta do quite a bit of saving yet.

quote:
Originally posted by chris100575

I'd love a Dumeril's boa, I just need to convince the GF that we have room for another viv.

That's easy. Just tell her she can have the same amount of money to spend on herself. Problem solved .

Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2009 :  17:02:20  Show Profile
lol Paulus..

Well I have a royal and two corns,

i really really want a lesser Platty royal...but it will probably be a cheaper option for me like a ghost or nice bright pastel or something like that..

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2016 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2009 :  17:50:28  Show Profile
To be honest there is nothing I really really want at the moment. Im quite happy with what I have. (very rare for a reptile owner )

Go to Top of Page

karl
Fully Grown Royal

1069 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2009 :  18:05:55  Show Profile  Visit karl's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by dazb

i have corns and leo gecko aswell as my royals, but i do fancy carpets or dwarf boas next...

Would like something more aboreal and that was on disply/out and about more...

I have both, who are always on show, shout if you are n the area, I will show you them.

It is nice to see snakes on show for a change, and they ain't as specific in requirements to keep.

Go to Top of Page

karl
Fully Grown Royal

1069 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2009 :  18:07:19  Show Profile  Visit karl's Homepage
Oooo, just seen a dumeril for £150 near me, not my cup of tea but they look kinda different.

Go to Top of Page

reptiles-ink
Yearling

United Kingdom
298 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2009 :  18:18:15  Show Profile
I keep corns, jungle corns, various kings, various rats, dumerils and common boas, patternless southern pines, various dwarf retics, mainland retics, burmese, tortoise, chams, spiders, dartfrogs.
I have some projects lined up so the list will grow in time.

Plenty of Retics and Burms
Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2009 :  18:33:20  Show Profile
what Kings have you got dave?

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
Fully Grown Royal

Azerbaijan
1550 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2009 :  18:42:03  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by karl

Oooo, just seen a dumeril for £150 near me, not my cup of tea but they look kinda different.

That the one in Stoke? He's only gonna be there for a couple more days. lol

EDIT: Terrible punctuation

Edited by - Paulusworm on 17/04/2009 18:44:06
Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2009 :  21:16:19  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
my favourites have got to be Birch, the first corn i ever bought, very closely followed by Marilyn the Dumerils, then Spruce my male snow corn. the younger corns are nice but i can't wait for them to get to adult size, and the OAP corn Oscar i'm just giving him a nice home till the end of his days...................oh yeah i've got a little Dum and a Royal too....................

Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2009 :  21:17:13  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by Paulusworm

That the one in Stoke? He's only gonna be there for a couple more days. lol

only days?! that's great Paul

Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000