New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ddm10
Yearling

United Kingdom
189 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2009 :  22:54:48  Show Profile
Woke up last night at around 4am to see that the power was out on my entire estate.I couldn't believe it power cuts were something i thought about when i got him but we never get them I cant ever remeber the last time the power went. Anyway i had to get up and watch the temps I could see them gradually creeping down and i was just praying for the power to come back. Well it was off for 2 hours, the street lights kept coming on then tripping out. Then when it did come on every 20mins roughly it was tripping out again for about five minutes each time! It was a nightmare the temps dropped to 22c normally there around 28 on the warm at night. Not only did i have drazen to worry about but also tropical fish. Apparently it was a lightning strike on one of the sub-stations, the really annoying thing is that we live right on the outskirts of Truro and our estate is the last one to run off that sub station so just down the road we could see the street lights were on and they were in the next estate as well. that really pi*!ed me off! I didn't get to bed again till 7am.It good to see the temps back to normal though. I just thought i'd share that with you

ROYAL PYTHON 1.0.0

Edited by - ddm10 on 25/04/2009 22:55:48

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2009 :  23:59:20  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Get a stock of hot water bottles in, you can get them for a couple of quid on ebay.

Go to Top of Page

ddm10
Yearling

United Kingdom
189 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2009 :  12:44:47  Show Profile
I think we've got one but it was hopeless trying to look for it in the dark. I'll have to get a couple more and leave them next to the viv.

ROYAL PYTHON 1.0.0
Go to Top of Page

reptiles-ink
Yearling

United Kingdom
298 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2009 :  13:37:59  Show Profile
Depending what power is required to run all the mats, bulbs etc look at getting a power invertor and a car battery.
Keep the battery charged up and if theres a power cut plug the stats into the invertor and run them fromm the battery.

Plenty of Retics and Burms
Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2009 :  13:47:53  Show Profile
ooo that's a good idea!
Go to Top of Page

ddm10
Yearling

United Kingdom
189 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2009 :  15:07:26  Show Profile
i'll look into that cheers.

ROYAL PYTHON 1.0.0
Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2009 :  16:41:06  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by reptiles-ink

Depending what power is required to run all the mats, bulbs etc look at getting a power invertor and a car battery.
Keep the battery charged up and if theres a power cut plug the stats into the invertor and run them fromm the battery.

wish i'd thought of that when were having power cuts on a weekly basis!

Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2009 :  16:42:23  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
hot water bottles are a good idea too though, especially if you have a gas hob. i only had one so Marilyn got that, the corns and the royal had to rough it!

Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000