Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mancunian
Hatchling

United Kingdom
89 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2009 :  17:01:45  Show Profile
I am moving to Exeter so...

Does anyone know any good reptile shops in or around Exeter?

And I may have to rent for a while if I can't sell the house before I move. Does anyone here rent and if so, any problems with landlords letting you keep reptiles? I have 5 snakes so it's not as if it's just one little viv in the corner!

Then again I also have a dog so that may prove even more of a problem with renting.

1.0.0 Royal Python (Python regius) CB07 Tibo (Normal)
0.1.1 Corn Snakes (Elaphe guttata) CB07 Jasper (Amelanastic) CB07 Chico (Anerythristic Aztec)
1.1.0 California Kingsnakes (Lampropeltis getula californiae) CB05 Luka (B&W Banded) CB06 Lucien (Albino Banded)

Edited by - Mancunian on 26/04/2009 17:02:38

Paulusworm
Fully Grown Royal

Azerbaijan
1550 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2009 :  17:33:45  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by Mancunian

Does anyone here rent and if so, any problems with landlords letting you keep reptiles? I have 5 snakes so it's not as if it's just one little viv in the corner!

Then again I also have a dog so that may prove even more of a problem with renting.

The agency we rent through only specify that animals kept in appropriate enclosures are ok without the landlord's consent. I think that's pretty standard throughout the business. A dog just normally incurs an extra deposit for dog related damage and cleaning of carpets, etc but can be down to the landlord's discression.

Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2009 :  19:26:32  Show Profile
I HATE YOU!!!!!
i had to move away from exeter 6 months ago cos it got too expensive to rent there and i miss it soooooo much.
anyways.
rep shops:
tiny boas at heavitree (easily the best one in exeter now it's been taken over.- was called south west reptiles)
the ark, or animal ark (some name like that) at cowick street (by st thomas train station) are opening a rep section upstairs.
for froz food or crickets etc, there's a shop called the big H (i think that's the name) almost oposite scummerfields on sidwel st. DONT use the shop on the same side of the road as scummerfields...it's god awful and i still dont know why the council haven't closed it down.

i dont hate you really. i am just insanely jealous.
maybe we can meet up one day when i come down to see friends or the OH parentals.
also, if you are into tattoos, i can highly recomend cover'd tattoo studio at mount pleasent. dont bother with the ones in town. Ant at cover'd is my friend/tattooist and really is the mutts :)
hope i have helped a bit :)

Edited by - MissCat on 26/04/2009 19:29:01
Go to Top of Page

Mancunian
Hatchling

United Kingdom
89 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2009 :  20:00:40  Show Profile
Thanks for the heads up. I shall pay tiny boas a visit once I get there. Getting quite excited about the move now!

1.0.0 Royal Python (Python regius) CB07 Tibo (Normal)
0.1.1 Corn Snakes (Elaphe guttata) CB07 Jasper (Amelanastic) CB07 Chico (Anerythristic Aztec)
1.1.0 California Kingsnakes (Lampropeltis getula californiae) CB05 Luka (B&W Banded) CB06 Lucien (Albino Banded)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000