Antohter feeding post ...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

antw23uk
Yearling

United Kingdom
275 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2009 :  11:40:44  Show Profile  Click to see antw23uk's MSN Messenger address
Hi all

Well Obran was so interested in food last night ...... well not that interested otherwise he would have eaten and i wouldnt be posting ...

He was doing everything right but when i offered the hot rat (too small but thats all they had) he just acted like it wasnt there in his face and continued to keep looking for food ... what did i do wrong?
He hadnt eaten it over night

Ant.

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2009 :  12:07:19  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
i dont think you have done anything wrong,thats just royals for you,try again in a week.

Members map-------Want to be on the map?

Go to Top of Page

antw23uk
Yearling

United Kingdom
275 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2009 :  12:52:48  Show Profile  Click to see antw23uk's MSN Messenger address
I just relaised how bad my spelling is, lol

Thanks i will. To be honest i think i know the answer .. the first time (last time) i fed him i slipped with the tongs and took the fur off one side of the rat which exposed the skin ... he then flew for it after smelling the 'blood' .... that was an accident on my part but to actually brain a rat ... i dont think i can do it. A pinkie yes but a rat ... jeez it just turns my stomach and i never thought it would

Ant.
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2009 :  13:25:13  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
mine cant resist a bloody nose,

Members map-------Want to be on the map?

Go to Top of Page

antw23uk
Yearling

United Kingdom
275 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2009 :  13:40:34  Show Profile  Click to see antw23uk's MSN Messenger address
I guess if i either give it a wack when its frozen and/ or brain it whilst its frozen

Errgghhh i hate this bit about owning such an amazing snake but he really didnt have a clue last night bless him, lol

Ant.
Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2009 :  13:52:50  Show Profile
i slit mine from head to nose when it is defrosted then open the door whilst i am warming it up with the dryer...

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

antw23uk
Yearling

United Kingdom
275 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2009 :  14:47:44  Show Profile  Click to see antw23uk's MSN Messenger address
That sounds horrific .... ok i can do this ... well not that but im sure i can do 'something' nearly as gory ... jeeze im a bloke, i shouldnt be like this, its a bloody dead rodent ....

Ant.
Go to Top of Page

karl
Fully Grown Royal

1069 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2009 :  15:13:45  Show Profile  Visit karl's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by antw23uk

That sounds horrific .... ok i can do this ... well not that but im sure i can do 'something' nearly as gory ... jeeze im a bloke, i shouldnt be like this, its a bloody dead rodent ....

I have alwasy been the same, braining and all sorts turns my stomach.vI have always asked the wife to remove dead animals from the house as I have a "thing" about it. Strange that I can handle frozen rats though.....

It IS easier when they are frozen to cut them, or hammer the head a touch ;)

Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2009 :  16:08:05  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by antw23uk

trust me it is not gory, i dont slit it that much, just enough to ooze some juices out...lol...

if i can do it you can...

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000