Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

keinplan
Hatchling

USA
72 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2009 :  19:09:50  Show Profile  Click to see keinplan's MSN Messenger address
Where do you feed your snake? If you have pics please post..Thanks

First Snake ever! :)
0.0.1. Zahara - Royal Python

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2009 :  19:46:44  Show Profile
as in, do we feed in the viv/rub or out of it?
i feed mine in the viv, but i put a tile down so he wont eat any substrate too ;)
http://s431.photobucket.com/albums/qq31/drbiffgoodsmisscat/?action=view¤t=MOV03516.flv
http://s431.photobucket.com/albums/qq31/drbiffgoodsmisscat/?action=view¤t=MOV03517.flv
those are videos done before i started using the tiles and before i changed the substrate to aspen.
Go to Top of Page

keinplan
Hatchling

USA
72 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2009 :  19:58:41  Show Profile  Click to see keinplan's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by MissCat

as in, do we feed in the viv/rub or out of it?
i feed mine in the viv, but i put a tile down so he wont eat any substrate too ;)
http://s431.photobucket.com/albums/qq31/drbiffgoodsmisscat/?action=view¤t=MOV03516.flv
http://s431.photobucket.com/albums/qq31/drbiffgoodsmisscat/?action=view¤t=MOV03517.flv
those are videos done before i started using the tiles and before i changed the substrate to aspen.

yes as in do you feed it in the viv or rub or out of it.
thanks for the pics!

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2009 :  20:17:07  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
All mine are fed in their vivs.

Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2009 :  20:31:05  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
my royal and Dumerils boas are fed in their vivs but the corns are usually fed in tubs then returned to their vivs.

Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2009 :  20:32:11  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Gingerpony

my royal and Dumerils boas are fed in their vivs but the corns are usually fed in tubs then returned to their vivs.

ditto, cept i dont have a Dumes...lol..

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2009 :  20:12:09  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by wolfspirit

quote:

you just don't know what you're missing

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
Fully Grown Royal

Azerbaijan
1550 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2009 :  21:03:16  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address
quote:

quote:

Yet

Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2009 :  21:06:35  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Paulusworm

quote:

quote:

Yet

i dont have room for one, saving my spaces for more Royals...after all they are the better of the two snakes

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2009 :  23:00:13  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
quote:

...saving my spaces for more Royals...after all they are the better of the two snakes

being an owner of both i just have to disagree!!

anyway, you know you want one WS, even if it's just for the comparison

Go to Top of Page

keinplan
Hatchling

USA
72 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2009 :  23:56:36  Show Profile  Click to see keinplan's MSN Messenger address
I am just curious to what the next bigger animal is to feed my snake after a pinkie?
I think, like everyone said, pinkie is too small for my snake and I will have to feed it 3 or 4 each time, so I want to step it up one size. What would be the next dinner for ZAHARA?

Go to Top of Page

anatess
Sub Adult

USA
669 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2009 :  22:35:22  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by keinplan

I am just curious to what the next bigger animal is to feed my snake after a pinkie?
I think, like everyone said, pinkie is too small for my snake and I will have to feed it 3 or 4 each time, so I want to step it up one size. What would be the next dinner for ZAHARA?

Below are the rat sizes. Okay, this is the American version. The brits have different names for them. You want to stay within 10-15% of your ball python's weight for now. Feed every 5-7 days until the snake gets to 350 grams, then just feed once a week after that.

Rat Pinky: ~5 grams
Rat Fuzzy: ~15 grams
Rat Pup: ~25 grams
Rat Weaned: ~35 grams
Rat Small: ~50 grams
Rat Medium: ~100 grams

If you want to go with African Soft Furred rats, they're smaller than regular rats, so they have different size weights.

Snake owner since Oct 2008, so yeah, I'm no expert.
0.1.0 pastel royal
1.0.0 spider royal
0.1.0 albino royal
1.0.0 bumblebee royal
1.0.0 yellowbelly royal
0.0.1 wild-type royal
1.0.0 normal western hognose
Go to Top of Page

keinplan
Hatchling

USA
72 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2009 :  17:26:36  Show Profile  Click to see keinplan's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by anatess

quote:

Below are the rat sizes. Okay, this is the American version. The brits have different names for them. You want to stay within 10-15% of your ball python's weight for now. Feed every 5-7 days until the snake gets to 350 grams, then just feed once a week after that.

If you want to go with African Soft Furred rats, they're smaller than regular rats, so they have different size weights.

Hey thanks for that info! Helped me out a lot.

Go to Top of Page

keinplan
Hatchling

USA
72 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2009 :  17:28:15  Show Profile  Click to see keinplan's MSN Messenger address
Does anyone know what the normal weight is for a 2-3 month old royal? I weight her last week before feeding and she was 70g, and I weight her yesterday morning, 3 days after the feed, and she weights 100g. Does this sound about right?
Thanks

Go to Top of Page

anatess
Sub Adult

USA
669 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2009 :  20:38:56  Show Profile
Each ball python is different. Some grow up faster than others. But your snake is within normal range. He's probably ready to give you a whole load of cr*p!

Snake owner since Oct 2008, so yeah, I'm no expert.
0.1.0 pastel royal
1.0.0 spider royal
0.1.0 albino royal
1.0.0 bumblebee royal
1.0.0 yellowbelly royal
0.0.1 wild-type royal
1.0.0 normal western hognose
Go to Top of Page

keinplan
Hatchling

USA
72 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2009 :  17:33:10  Show Profile  Click to see keinplan's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by anatess

quote:

Ok so I just fed my Zahara 2 days ago, and she got the 3 left over pinkies (from the 6 pack box) and now I am moving on to the "Rat Fuzzy" as they call it in America. Now a question I have; when is a good time to weight your snake? After she eats or before she eats, and how many days after or before she eats should she be weight to get an accurate weight of her??
Thanks for the info.

Edited by - keinplan on 04/06/2009 22:19:18
Go to Top of Page

keinplan
Hatchling

USA
72 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2009 :  17:34:03  Show Profile  Click to see keinplan's MSN Messenger address
wow sorry for the huge pic! :P and bad quality...

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2009 :  18:42:20  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
I usually weigh mine as part of my handling, so once a week ish.

Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2009 :  20:42:39  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
not that you're a paranoid control-freak or anything BE........................

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2009 :  21:07:58  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Its just habit, the scales are on top of the vivs, so as I put them back they go into the scales.

Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  20:00:32  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

Its just habit, the scales are on top of the vivs, so as I put them back they go into the scales.

so the scales are really handy........................ not that you're a paranoid control-freak or anything BE........................

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000