New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hodgie
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1197 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  22:53:18  Show Profile
When i got my Royal at the end of April she came with some freebies from the reptile shop I thought i`d got rid of them however today Little Hannah was sat in her water bowl, I lifted her out to see a small dark mite floating in the water and one visible under her mouth.. all i can think is that there must of been mite eggs somewhere)
Anyway i saw this on RFUK http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/snakes/32336-mite-treatments-22.html and thought id give it a go as it seemed better than using some form of mite spray. But first of all i went off to the shops to get a rub so that i can really go to work on the viv.
Within seconds i had 2 mites floating in the oil and Hannah looked very chilled (although she did try to get out quickish when i was first adding the oil) I left her in there for around ten minutes and she seemed quite at home as she didn`t even make any effort to get out when i removed the lid.
So she`s now living upstairs and her vivs stinking of mite spray which im going to leave for a few weeks before putting here back. Hopefully we are going to be mite free now.

Royals owned "lots"

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  23:02:44  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
their persistant little buggers,lets hoe you get em all this time

Members map-------Want to be on the map?

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2009 :  06:03:10  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Good luck.

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
1196 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2009 :  20:39:49  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
The vet told us last week about a new mite treatment that is supposed to be safe for reptiles and more effective than Frontline. It's called Ivermectin and the brand we got was called Xeno 200.

Might be worth a try.

Go to Top of Page

keinplan
Hatchling

USA
72 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  22:36:19  Show Profile  Click to see keinplan's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by hodgie

When i got my Royal at the end of April she came with some freebies from the reptile shop I thought i`d got rid of them however today Little Hannah was sat in her water bowl, I lifted her out to see a small dark mite floating in the water and one visible under her mouth.. all i can think is that there must of been mite eggs somewhere)
Anyway i saw this on RFUK http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/snakes/32336-mite-treatments-22.html and thought id give it a go as it seemed better than using some form of mite spray. But first of all i went off to the shops to get a rub so that i can really go to work on the viv.
Within seconds i had 2 mites floating in the oil and Hannah looked very chilled (although she did try to get out quickish when i was first adding the oil) I left her in there for around ten minutes and she seemed quite at home as she didn`t even make any effort to get out when i removed the lid.
So she`s now living upstairs and her vivs stinking of mite spray which im going to leave for a few weeks before putting here back. Hopefully we are going to be mite free now.

Where do or can these mites come from? how do they get there?

First Snake ever! :)
0.0.1. Zahara - Royal Python
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000