New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bikesfred54
Hatchling

United Kingdom
77 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2008 :  15:06:06  Show Profile
is it just me or is others haveing problems holding temps in this cold spell our house drops to around 61f night time and about 63-68f day time.we keep our young royal in a 16x11ins rub inside a 30 ins viv with a infa red 100 watt bulb on a dimming stat. temps in rub around 88-93f hot end.but can run a bit less or a bit more.when i set it first up it was a bit warmer and temps were more stable.

Edited by - dazb on 01/12/2008 15:32:38

Mancunian
Hatchling

United Kingdom
89 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2008 :  15:19:56  Show Profile
I converted to an infrared 75W bulb on a new Microclimate B1 dimming 'stat 2 weeks ago and have been impressed. The temp has held at 31C consistently ever since I plugged it in and the temp in the house has fallen significantly in recent days. I do keep a oil filled heater in the room so the temp does not fall below 15C even when the CH is on so that may help.

1.0.0 Royal Python (Python regius) CB07 Tibo (Normal)
0.1.1 Corn Snakes (Elaphe guttata) CB07 Jasper (Amelanastic) CB07 Chico (Anerythristic Aztec)
1.1.0 California Kingsnakes (Lampropeltis getula californiae) CB05 Luka (B&W Banded) CB06 Lucien (Albino Banded)

Go to Top of Page

dazb
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2847 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2008 :  15:38:47  Show Profile
moved it for you BF54

i am having problems with my cool ends not my warm ends...

warm ends are staying bang on (as they should with a stat)but with my cool ends they seem to be around 12-15*C. so im picking a oil heater upto place near the vivs to help increase it...

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000