Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2009 :  15:46:21  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
you could try rat pinkies/pups if they're available as they're significantly bigger than the mousey version and might seem like more of a meal. but like paul said - don't worry about him not eating just yet just sort one thing ata a time till his set-ups right then you'll probabaly find he's hungry!

Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page

I-M
Hatchling

United Kingdom
68 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2009 :  17:06:25  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by cdd007

I'm going to try feeding him again tonight, but I only have small pinkies, is there a failsafe way of enticing them to eat, I'm getting really worried now, It seems as if I am doing everything wrong, he has already bit my Mum, He won't eat, and this whole situation is turning into a nightmare, every little thing that could possible go wrong is going wrong, temperature, humidity, feeding, just everything!

I was thinking only this morning that keeping Fernando, our (I am "mum" here) Royal, is very much like caring for a baby... Ie I worry about EVERYTHING and what you are told is right one day, is all wrong the next day... But babies, and snakes, usually survive and grow and do absolutely fine! Just try to look forward to when he strikes the first time, because it's just amazing, and you will get there, eventually. Fernando took nearly a month after we got him before he ate (and he was only about 5 months old), and I was so EXCITED when it happened that I couldn't sleep!

Aka "The Old Bat"
Go to Top of Page

cdd007
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
34 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2009 :  17:44:48  Show Profile  Click to see cdd007's MSN Messenger address
Hiya, I left monty in his original tank( what he was kept in before I got him) And put this in his bigger tank, going back to the baby theme, my mum said that that is what they do when introducing a baby to a bigger cot. I left a pinky(heated up) in his little tank and when I got in there was blood everywhere, and the pinky had been chopped i two. Monty has eaten the bottom half of the pinky and left the head, It's not much but it's a start. Thank you for all your replies, they have all helped me a lot. It's nice to have so many replies to my first topic. I will let you know if he starts eating normally ie not eating half of his food. Again, thank you all for the replies.[:)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000