good reptile magazine
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sirio
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2009 :  20:19:57  Show Profile  Click to see sirio's MSN Messenger address
Im looking for a good rep mag and was wondering if you guys new of eny and if youve got a lynx to subscribe that whould be better cheers lads n gals

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2009 :  22:11:51  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Sorry, no. If you find one let me know

Go to Top of Page

cumbrian eejit
Yearling

United Kingdom
240 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2009 :  22:14:16  Show Profile  Click to see cumbrian eejit's MSN Messenger address
Me neither, have asked in Whsmith's and they say they know of any in uk
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2016 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2009 :  22:17:43  Show Profile
I know one and I cant remeber what its called!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

cdd007
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
34 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2009 :  07:16:04  Show Profile  Click to see cdd007's MSN Messenger address
I am a member of the bhs, the British herpetologists society, for ten pounds a year, they send you a booklet which is basically a magazine, but has loads more info in. They also send a members pack, which is a folder with tonnes of info on Englands native reptiles. It also includes a password for their site. However, this magazine is not just for snakes, as it is a herpetology magazine, it has lots on all reptiles and also amphibians. Hope this helps, It's probably your best bet.
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2009 :  10:41:42  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Is there a similar one for the IHS?

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
1196 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2009 :  19:53:47  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
Not sure about IHS, but I got a leaflet from Donny show for the subscriptions to the BHS ones and it says it's £35 a year for Full UK membership, but you get 3 mags sent to you-
Herpetological Journal, Herpetological Bulletin and the Natterjack

If you have a family, you can also get those 3 and the Young Herpetologists club mag for £45 a year.

I'm not sure what else you get with membership, whether it'll get you into shows cheap and stuff, but it looks ok.

Website to join is www.thebhs.org

Go to Top of Page

cdd007
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
34 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2009 :  14:48:58  Show Profile  Click to see cdd007's MSN Messenger address
I get the naterjack every month, plus everything else, but yeah sorry I got the price wrong, that was another magazine I subscribe to
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000