Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2009 :  21:27:50  Show Profile
As this is not related to a Royal i am posting it here,

I dont know how many of you on here are on RFUK but i rehomed a snake from Richard at BRRS, the snake we think is a King snake,

My question is where do tumours occur on snakes if they get them? the reason i ask is because this poor little chap has a pink lump see photo below, he is ok, and gaining weight, he was apparently kept in a shed and was so thin when Richard got him but anyone got any ideas? i know it is not a prolapse, so he is not in the best condition yet, and i know the picture is poor, it was taken on Richards phone.

GP would you know what it might be, he will be off to the vets to find out as soon as i have Peanut back

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2009 :  21:40:44  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Could it be an old burn? - Can't really see well with the pic.

Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2009 :  08:15:12  Show Profile
I know that pic is crap, i really need to get a camera, he shed last night, he is such a sweet little guy, i will find out when i get to the vets with him next week, he is ok, a little slow sometimes that makes me worry, i imagine that if he was living in a shed he may have parasites inside him and stuff...but hopefully we can get him on the right road and back in tip top health...

-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2009 :  20:28:19  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
is it hanging out there permanently or does it pop in and out?
it could be a growth of some description, it's not an uncommon site.

Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2009 :  20:53:08  Show Profile
Hi GP, it is out permanently, but i am taking him to the vets as there is a swelling under his skin, near to that point, he has several kind of cuts on his body to, he has just shed and looks much better, but i still want the vet to see him and see if there is anything badly wrong there, as Richard said, sometimes he is fine others he is like he has no energy, but that may be to do with the fact that he was extremely thin when Richard got him, his weight is only 265grams, i am not sure what he should be at, he is nearly three foot in length, i should really go over to the Kingsnake forum, maybe other people can enlighten me more, he is very sweet though,

-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2009 :  21:28:03  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
it does sound like a growth there, where on earth do you keep finding these poorly snakes?? i've never had kings or milks but they're quite similar to corns (both being colubrids). 256g at 3ft isn't really thin but it's easier to tell by looking at their body condition (rather than trying to visualize a 3ft 250g snake )

Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2009 :  03:45:37  Show Profile
LOl..GP, when i used to foster dogs, the ones that came to me always had something wrong with them, some i knew of before they came, like cdrm or hip problems, stuff like that, i have had others come to me who were sick without it being known up front they have had a vast number of illnesses from Leukemia to simple things that have been cured, and the same has happened with hamsters i have fostered who have mostly had tumours, i have one now that its owner could not keep and it has a tumour whihc is now quite large..very sad, but at least these animals have some comfort in there final days...

i have often wondered why, maybe i attract them or something, but i never expected it with the Peanut, i knew roughly of Indy's condition before i took him...he will be safe here and looked after and of course loved..

Around here they call me Mrs Dolittle..lol..i still do some work with some rescues, but i have wound it down as it is to much for the heart to take...

-- Source Unknown

Edited by - wolfspirit on 01/02/2009 03:46:35
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000