Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Mulv
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
530 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  21:48:44  Show Profile
Yeah that's one of my thoughts on live, the other is I just dont think I could go through with it, I've watched videos on youtube, and the noises they make and the sort of helpless twitching really puts me off.

I'm not against it at all, it's their normal feeding habit, I just couldn't do it myself.

The C02 in a bag from one of those sprays is such a good idea though!
Go to Top of Page

selarep
Snake Mite

Gibraltar
9 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2009 :  09:40:02  Show Profile
Thinkin about it the mice i've fed him have been smaller than the girth of the snake, so it must not hav been enough.

I did go to the petshop yesterday and they are looking into bringing a variety of larger mice/rats for us. I'll also go check out a few petshops in spain to see what they bring. So lets see how that goes.

anatess the keyboard cleaner spay seems like a really good idea but wouldn't it be toxic? Maybe am being stupid here but i dont know what those sprays contain.
Could you let me know which you use to see if i can find something like it here, so as to try it out.
Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

selarep
Snake Mite

Gibraltar
9 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2009 :  20:54:27  Show Profile
Hi guys!

My boy refused his feed again today! :(
I finally found a place in spain that provides different varieties of mice/hamsters. Well I bought a larger one today (russian o something they said it was) cos the 10 days from his regurgitation has way passed.
However, he hasnŽt even tried to catch it (it was obviously live). I donŽt know if thereŽs something wrong with him cos of his regurgitation, or could it be because the feed was larger and he got scared. Oh am starting to get worried.

I am going to get one of the normal mice iŽve always fed him 2moro to see if heŽll hav that one, then atleast iŽll know something is not wrong with him.

The weird thing is that he approached the mouse/hamster until he was actually touching it with his head, but then retracted as soon as the mouse/hamster moved. Is this normal?

One thing i forgot to mention is that he hasnt shed since end of nov, and he also usually shed every 5 weeks approx.

Sorry if am being a pain but he has never done anything like this!
Go to Top of Page

dazb
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2847 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2009 :  21:06:41  Show Profile
dont worry your not being a pain. that wot this forum is here for...

royals do go off there food so it is not a uncommon or big problem unless they start to lose alot of weight. my 06 girl didnt eat for approx 12-14 weeks so 1-2 missed feeds is not a problem.

there are many reasons for him not taking the new food. they can be very fussy with wot they eat. also cos of the time of year they tend to go off there food also for preperation of breeding

i take it your set up hasnt changed and his temps are ok...?

just weigh him every week and keep a note of it to make sure they are not dropping weight rapidly.

as for not shedding since november i dont know wot to say. i suppose he will shed wen he needs to. again my 06 has only shed once for me since december.

Edited by - dazb on 06/02/2009 21:08:19
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2009 :  21:41:39  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
They shed as they grow and the periods between sheds grow as the snake does.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000