Did I miss anything?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ReaperRoyals
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
25 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  00:27:52  Show Profile  Click to see ReaperRoyals's MSN Messenger address
I have created a care sheet on a site I made and spent a long time making it as detailed as I could, including everything I knew. However I wanted your opinions on it and to see if I missed any key points or overlooked anything.

It can be found here: http://reaperroyals.webs.com/

Thanks

PYRO
0.1 Royal Python - Medusa

Edited by - ReaperRoyals on 04/02/2009 18:24:29

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  06:41:46  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
reapersroyals or reaperroyals?

Go to Top of Page

ReaperRoyals
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
25 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  18:24:39  Show Profile  Click to see ReaperRoyals's MSN Messenger address
Reaper Royals

PYRO
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  20:24:54  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
I'm not sure about the feeding mice until 12-18months. I would have them on rats asap if not immediately.

Go to Top of Page

Mulv
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
530 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  20:25:49  Show Profile
Rats as soon as they take em.
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  20:28:32  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Also, you say that their shedding slows down when they stop growing (but they never do).

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2016 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  20:36:10  Show Profile
(they just grow slower)

Go to Top of Page

ReaperRoyals
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
25 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2009 :  10:51:25  Show Profile  Click to see ReaperRoyals's MSN Messenger address
True, I didn't word that very well, I meant after the growing slows not stops. I will edit that in as soon as I can. As for the rats thing, I guess it comes down to personal opinion, but valid point since rats are more nutritious. Will include it too.

PYRO
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2009 :  11:12:00  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Also, the sooner you swap them over (if you ever give them mice) the less problem you will have converting them. Royals are notoriously fussy with food and if they've had mice for 18 months you might have a real battle moving them over.

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
1196 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2009 :  12:11:37  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
Looks good to me

Go to Top of Page

ReaperRoyals
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
25 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2009 :  15:04:17  Show Profile  Click to see ReaperRoyals's MSN Messenger address
Thanks. I have now added a few sentences to the 'Feeding' section about rats being better than mice and to move them on as early as possible. Where did you see the mistake about stopping growing. The shedding paragraph says 'after this initial growth spurt' but does not say once they stop growing...

Cheers

PYRO
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2009 :  15:11:26  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Yes, you've changed it so that it now says 'after that the growing slows down', it used to say that it stopped growing.

Go to Top of Page

ReaperRoyals
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
25 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2009 :  16:42:55  Show Profile  Click to see ReaperRoyals's MSN Messenger address
Oh my bad, must have changed it already and forgotten :D

Thankyou for the advice.

PYRO
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000