Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2009 :  14:43:39  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
http://www.preloved.co.uk/fuseaction-adverts.showadvert/index-1031669941/2b13d9b2.html

look at the pic in the ad............... welfare case??

Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Day Geckos

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2009 :  14:45:59  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Why take a pic in the middle of a bad shed? - Looks well underweight too!

Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2009 :  15:04:50  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
if it is just a one-off bad shed then you'd wait a week to get a much better pic to sell your royal. but pinkies? 3ft viv for an 08 RP? alarm bells!! poor little thing hope it's found a new (and better) home now.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2009 :  15:08:25  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Agreed.

Go to Top of Page

dazb
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2847 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2009 :  15:22:44  Show Profile
poor little bugger doesnt look to happy...

Edited by - dazb on 07/03/2009 15:26:45
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2009 :  15:42:34  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
That is a shame,im not too far from there and have emailed her with some friendly advise on the condition of the snake and have offered a good home and treatment for it if she would be willing to give it up.Can only hope.

Members map-------Want to be on the map?

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
Fully Grown Royal

Azerbaijan
1550 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2009 :  17:15:14  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address
Fingers crossed Lee Just gutted I'm too far away. That looks a little worse than just a bad shed. One UNHAPPY snake. Poor little bugger.

GP: Have you seen any more pics of the viv? Is it wide open? Sherm went straight in a 3ft but he can move about it virtually unseen.

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2009 :  18:43:06  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
Had a reply,have copied and pasted it as it's easier to read than exlaine

first things first i am aware this royal is in a bad way, yes he is feeding on pinkies as he was not feeding for 5 months, the pinkies were on vets advice. he strikes as he has not been femoved from his viv to feed. his viv is a fine size for him it is the 5th one he has been in, the only one he seems comfortable in. also with regards to his skin, yes i am aware that it is bad, i have taken vets advice and have been bathing him daily in warm water and helping (gently) to remove the dry skin while also checking for infections, i have also removed his hide and replaced it with a tub with very wet moss inside, which he is now curled up in and has fully shed now, i just havent replaced the picture.
i am also aware that you have only sent this email because you care about the welfare of this animal, be aware that this is also my concern, and it is also the condition he was in (and my reason for) when i rehomed him from a friend.
thankyou.

take it she's not up for giving it up.

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2009 :  18:44:20  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
Just had another email.

oh and another thing, he was being fed pinkies up until about 3 weeks ago when i moved him to the next size up.

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
Fully Grown Royal

Azerbaijan
1550 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2009 :  19:05:43  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address
Maybe I was lucky but I got Matilda, 3ft viv and all her gear for FREE when I rehomed her. Did she say what the £100 was for? Recovering vet's fees, etc?

Perhaps I'm just being a little too suspicious.

Edited by - Paulusworm on 07/03/2009 19:07:09
Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
Fully Grown Royal

Azerbaijan
1550 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2009 :  19:40:52  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address
Lee. Are you the angry man?

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2009 :  19:42:14  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
She has posted on here for advice now, so be nice please.

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
Fully Grown Royal

Azerbaijan
1550 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2009 :  19:53:45  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address
True. That ad was 20 days old. Glad she changed her mind and kept him .
Don't worry B.E. I went on the dark side earlier and got it out of my system

Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2009 :  20:31:43  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
i REALLY hope she takes the advice on the other thread before it dies.

Edited by - Gingerpony on 07/03/2009 21:39:13
Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2009 :  21:22:43  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
sorry, had to vent!

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2009 :  21:42:47  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by Paulusworm

Lee. Are you the angry man?

That was me but i was polite,i would'nt be angry then ask her to give it up to me.Glad misscat has came here for advice,if i knew she wanted to keep it i would of advised her myself and directed her here

Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2009 :  22:55:48  Show Profile
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2009 :  23:07:56  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Don't worry, it was a pretty horrific picture and as I'm sure you can understand as animal/reptile lovers care and hence get upset. We can put it right though

Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2009 :  23:23:52  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

Don't worry, it was a pretty horrific picture and as I'm sure you can understand as animal/reptile lovers care and hence get upset. We can put it right though

true but feel like utter s**t now for letting him get to the point he's at. btw, the £100 in the ad was purely to deter random people from just picking up a cheap snake, if i had advertised him as free, he could have gone to someone even less experienced than me then he really would have died. it was never about the money.
i would never, not EVER intentionally cause harm to a snake or any other animal, truth be told i prefer animal company to human company in every way, and when it became obvious that the way i was caring for him was detrimental to his health i knew i needed to change that.
i keep tarantulas, and geckos and have kept bearded dragons and in my stupidity thought i could handle a snake as well. on top of that i was taking advice (until a week ago)on how to care for my snake from a woman who had all her animals taken away by the rspca a week ago. she had been telling me he was fine, just having a bad shed- which she said was pretty common, so i believed her.
not that i am trying to palm off blame on someone else, it was my duty to look after him properly and in that i have failed.
With all my heart i want to keep him and make him well again, but if people still feel that this is a welfare case, then by all means one of you can rehome him for me.
seriously, you have no idea how bad i feel, for causing the pain in my beautiful pet, for inducing the feelings you have expressed (and rightly so) and for disappointing myself.
if anyone here is reading this and is thinking of getting a royal python as a pet for the first time, take it from me, dont just read books, or look on the net, or listen to the woman down the road who owns a couple, research on here, ask questions til your fingers drop off, because that is what i should have done first.
Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
Fully Grown Royal

Azerbaijan
1550 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2009 :  23:37:53  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address
I apologise Cat for assuming the worst and being suspicious. There have been a lot of scammers recently "rescuing" reps and then selling them on. I can now see that you are most definately not one of them. Stick with us and we will get both you and Ra through this .

Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2009 :  23:44:04  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Paulusworm

I apologise Cat for assuming the worst and being suspicious. There have been a lot of scammers recently "rescuing" reps and then selling them on. I can now see that you are most definately not one of them. Stick with us and we will get both you and Ra through this .

i didnt know that, sorry, i guess you had every right to be suspicious, and every right to be horrified.
just want him to be well again.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000