Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  09:37:08  Show Profile
alrighty then its my sons 10th birthday soon
i have nothing planned whatsoever
was thinking of doing one of those party type things where i hire someone to bring in some animals eg snakes, tarantulas etc, and other "exotic" animals (hedgehogs and the like) and have a bit of a fun show and tell stuffs.
but i cant find anyone in the south west that does this.
I've found some all around the country but all charge for travel costs (fair enough though) so obviously i'd like something nearer to home.
i may have left it a bit late really to book anything for this year (his birthday is the end of May) but maybe for next year.
does anyone know of any good animal entertainer type thingums?

i have already been pointed towards "the animalman" which would cost in excess of £300 for an hour and a half, that's not including travel costs to and from london

hence the need to locate someone nearer to home...maybe even a little cheaper..... LOL
i'm probably asking for a miracle though aren't i?

dazza
Yearling

United Kingdom
122 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  13:32:29  Show Profile  Click to see dazza's MSN Messenger address
just had a quick look about and found these, dont know if they are any good or not but hope it helps

www.reptileroadshow.co.uk/index.html

www.animalantics.net/index.html

www.junglefortress.co.uk/index.php

Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  13:47:09  Show Profile
thats a tough one Cat, why dont you take him somewhere where there are reps instead..sure it will cost a lot less..

theres this coming up..wish i could go...

Saturday 25th April Open Day at Cotswold Reptile Centre - Cheltenham

- In conjunction with Find Me A Reptile!

The day will give people the opportunity to meet up with the staff and members of both Cotswold Reptiles and Find Me A Reptile.

The day includes:BBQ and refreshments FMAR table,

Meet: Iri Gill - Head of Reptiles @ Cotswold Wildlife Park Venomous snakes Free snake sexing Health checks and advise and special discounts on the day! 9:00am till 5:30pm

Cotswold Reptile Centre Unit 2, Lower Mill Street,Cheltenham,GL51 8JN.

5 min from J11 M530 min from J15 M45 min walk from Cheltenham Spa Train Station and Royal Well Coach Station.

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

dazza
Yearling

United Kingdom
122 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  14:37:11  Show Profile  Click to see dazza's MSN Messenger address
cheltenham is about 10 miles from where i live so im gonna go to that myself, cheers wolf. never been there yet myself but keep meaning to go and have a look round, knowing me though i wont come out empty handed lol

Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  14:43:33  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by dazza

cheltenham is about 10 miles from where i live so im gonna go to that myself, cheers wolf. never been there yet myself but keep meaning to go and have a look round, knowing me though i wont come out empty handed lol

Lol.i suspect Tom might be taking a royal or two, not sure cos the Maidstone show is before then so maybe he will have them sold..

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  15:11:39  Show Profile
turns out that wohic and a friend of hers do it LOL :D
Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  15:13:19  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by wolfspirit

thats a tough one Cat, why dont you take him somewhere where there are reps instead..sure it will cost a lot less..

theres this coming up..wish i could go...

Saturday 25th April Open Day at Cotswold Reptile Centre - Cheltenham

- In conjunction with Find Me A Reptile!

The day will give people the opportunity to meet up with the staff and members of both Cotswold Reptiles and Find Me A Reptile.

The day includes:BBQ and refreshments FMAR table,

Meet: Iri Gill - Head of Reptiles @ Cotswold Wildlife Park Venomous snakes Free snake sexing Health checks and advise and special discounts on the day! 9:00am till 5:30pm

Cotswold Reptile Centre Unit 2, Lower Mill Street,Cheltenham,GL51 8JN.

5 min from J11 M530 min from J15 M45 min walk from Cheltenham Spa Train Station and Royal Well Coach Station.

unfortunately i dont drive, so it's public transport all the way for me :D which when it's the four of us going to bristol costs about £20+ for the train.... eeeep :(
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000