morph name for a normal
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

acd1984
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
687 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2012 :  15:30:56  Show Profile  Click to see acd1984's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi guys was just wondering what the "name" for a normal is. iv seen a couple different names on world of ball pythons

the only one i can remember currently is Goldfinger

1.0.0 Lesser - Helios
2.0.0 Normal - George & Kairo
1.0.0 Mojave - Bolt
0.1.0 Mojave - Roxi
1.0.0 Leopard Gecko - Leo
0.0.1 Crocodile gecko - Pheonix

Fezza
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1063 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2012 :  17:19:16  Show Profile  Visit Fezza's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Usually a normal or wild type, unless I'm missing the point?

1.0.0 normal royal
1.0.0 mojave royal
1.0.0 pastel enchi royal
0.1.0 cinnamon royal
0.1.0 pewter royal
0.1.0 genetic stripe royal
0.1.0 lesser goblin royal
0.1.0 phantom royal
0.1.0 Columbian rainbow boa
0.0.1 aru x jaya GTP
0.1.0 bredli
1.0.0 trans pecos rat snake
1.0.0 fat black cat
Go to Top of Page

chrisc
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
3326 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2012 :  17:25:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
as said normal or wild type, there are some very bright normals or ones with different marking that are called dinkers high gold and other names

1.0.0 burmese python,giblet. 1.0.0 BCI, william. 0.1.0 blue tongue skink, 0.1.0 green iguana, jasmin, 1.0.0 cape house snake, 0.1.0 checkered garter snake

my youtube. http://www.youtube.com/user/pegrocks
incubate 2 campaign
https://www.facebook.com/incubate2
Go to Top of Page

Stewy-C-
Yearling

United Kingdom
103 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2012 :  17:58:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If anyone calls a normal anything other than a normal, chances are they are trying to sell you it.

Also, every normal has different markings, so why are some labeled dinker's? Because the guy selling it can double the price, that's why. I don't agree with, or acknowledge dinker's.

1.0 Spider Royal
0.1 Pastel Royal
0.1 Snow Corn
"The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about"
"On the internet you can be anything you want, its strange that so many people choose to be stupid"
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2012 :  18:11:55  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I happen to stand on the same grounds as Stewy-C with Dinkers however I have raised the prices on the individuals from my last clutch that had (in my opinion) much better markings (There is a thread here showing them) but that's not exactly claiming they're special it's just wanting more money for a superior pattern. :)

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

Stewy-C-
Yearling

United Kingdom
103 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2012 :  19:32:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree, ask for more money for a snake that is more in demand.

1.0 Spider Royal
0.1 Pastel Royal
0.1 Snow Corn
"The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about"
"On the internet you can be anything you want, its strange that so many people choose to be stupid"
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2012 :  21:40:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah its worth noting that a normal isn't a morph, its how they normally come, there may be variations in the normal colour and pattern but they are just as they come.

If its a normal under any other name its just a way of making it more expensive. Though you just never know what genes are in normals and you may just have the next big thing.

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2012 :  21:55:30  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
As Bob says I think Dinkers in truth are meant to be possible morphs, though it seems a lot of breeders have taken it upon themselves to consider any slight difference in colour to make it a "Dinker"

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

Stewy-C-
Yearling

United Kingdom
103 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2012 :  23:25:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think any breeder that has a feeling his "dinker" has a hidden gene/possible morph, wouldn't be selling it. It would try and be proved out, rather than labeling it a dinker an selling it. Pretty sure originally breeders wouldn't label them until proven. Which just tells me it's basically a word used to get more money, and always has been IMO. If I bred a nice, slightly different normal, I would sell it as a "nice normal". Would prob bump the price up abit also as their would be more interest in it I think.

1.0 Spider Royal
0.1 Pastel Royal
0.1 Snow Corn
Go to Top of Page

Cookie
Yearling

United Kingdom
205 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2012 :  17:04:31  Show Profile  Visit Cookie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I thought one of mine might have been different. He is considerably darker than the other normal, and 98% of his brown patches almost all circles, as in have one or more black holes in them. I havent posted a pic of him yet, but I doubt there's anything too special about him lol.

1.2.0 Royal Pythons (Sebastian, Romeo & Gypsy)
Go to Top of Page

Stewy-C-
Yearling

United Kingdom
103 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2012 :  17:25:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just re-read this topic, and only just realized that no one picked up on you calling a goldfinger a normal.

Goldfinger is a morph. Nothing normal about these little bad boys when crossed with other morphs. The pastel goldfinger is to die for.

Where have you seen the goldfinger you mention? If it was for sale somewhere, then I almost guarantee that its not a goldfinger.

1.0 Spider Royal
0.1 Pastel Royal
0.1 Snow Corn
Go to Top of Page

matthewsaint
Yearling

United Kingdom
170 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2012 :  00:20:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if you actually put in goldfinger on genetic wizard, it shows up as normal

1.0 normal
0.1 pastel
Go to Top of Page

acd1984
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
687 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2012 :  17:46:15  Show Profile  Click to see acd1984's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yeah sorry i should have put across my point better, the genetic wizard ondoesnt have normals, but a couple of morph names come up as normals when selected, thats where my curiosity is based

1.0.0 Lesser - Helios
2.0.0 Normal - George & Kairo
1.0.0 Mojave - Bolt
0.1.0 Mojave - Roxi
1.0.0 Leopard Gecko - Leo
0.0.1 Crocodile gecko - Pheonix

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page