New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2012 :  15:30:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So the snails are getting a bit big now for their RUB and the only place I could think of that does massive tubs was Ikea, so anyway this is what I brought home.

(dog not included)

Now to get some worm and woodlouse sustaining soil and I have the worms I just need the woodlice, going rock turning later on.

PS, that tub is 34 Gallon or 150 litres in normal speak.

Edited by - Lotabob on 12/08/2012 15:40:38

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2012 :  19:12:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sheldon

Michelle

And the super tub.

Go to Top of Page

Pythonwizard
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
650 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2012 :  13:33:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
do snails need heat mat might sound stupid question
Go to Top of Page

BlueDragon
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
876 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2012 :  08:32:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, they don't. Just keep them in a warm room and they'll be fine. No light needed either.

Your GALS are lucky Lotabob. Mine just have a plain glass tank, and it's not even that big. They will be getting a new home though, what with all these sudden babies all over the place! X )

Just me and my zoo.
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2012 :  12:46:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In most houses they will be just grand, I dont heat them. If your house is really cold you might want to keep them warm of they will hibernate, disappear inside themselves until it warms up.

They are a bit lucky, in the vastness of hell (Ikea) it didn't look all that massive just big then when I got home and it barely fit through the front door I realised just how huge it was, then found the label showing 34 Gallons, lol, so its only 150 Litres, 3 times the size of the RUB's adult Royals are kept in.

On a plus though, I now have plans in progress for getting another tub and setting it up ready for a baby GTP while I sort out a more permanent arboreal vivarium.

Go to Top of Page

BlueDragon
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
876 Posts

Posted - 17/08/2012 :  09:32:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My GALS brumate anyway, even if they are kept toasty warm. They tend to go to sleep about the end of December and wake up about the end of Feb/begining of March. This year was a late wake up, but with the crappy start we had I wasn't suprized.

Your full of busy right now, aren't you Lotabob : )

Just me and my zoo.
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2012 :  00:44:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha yeah I do like to keep busy. My snails went a bit slow over winter eating a bit less but they were on a vivarium so were kept a bit warm, I'm happy enough to leave them pretty much unheated, my flat is heated 24/7 over winter to maintain 15oC (its my happy temperature).

Go to Top of Page

BlueDragon
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
876 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2012 :  09:43:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, my house is always heated unless it's really hot outside. People say it's like an oven, but it suits me and keeps me from geting poorly from being cold.

...So, seen as doggy there had clamed that box as a great idea for a new bed, how did you convince him otherwise?
My mam had a dog who clamed a cat bed as a bed for herself. She had a lovely padded dog bed of her own, one of those dohnut ones, but for some reason she prefered to contort herself into this tiny cat bed instead!

Just me and my zoo.
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2012 :  23:22:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ha I wish I could get my dog into one of his many beds scattered around the house, he just will not settle until he is in my bed, my now ex gave into his crying when we first got him and let him in the bed, 8 years down the line I dont think there will be any changing him now.

Go to Top of Page

BlueDragon
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
876 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2012 :  08:52:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, that's now how my mam's new Dog sleeps. On the bed, right in between her and her husband! X )

Of course he does get pushed off if they fancy a bit of grown up time ; )

Just me and my zoo.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000