New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

matildasmum
Yearling

United Kingdom
176 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2012 :  21:27:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i am really struggling with the temps in the viv at the moment, well i say at the moment i have just started to use digital thermometors so could have been for some time lol
if i maintain my hot end at the reccommended 90ish degrees then my cool end goes away up to nearly 80 degrees, i was under the impression that it should only be about 72ish??
I have just order a pulse stat as im using a on off at the moment my stat sensor is about 4 inches below my ceramic lamp and 4 inches off the floor of the tank, my thermomitor probe in directly on top of the hot hide at hot end and on the floor on top of substrate at the cool end, is this wrong??

matildasmum
Yearling

United Kingdom
176 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2012 :  21:28:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
also humidity is sitting at 52 right now and has been for quite a while, highest ive got it is 54 :/

Go to Top of Page

GMac
Grumpy scots admin

United Kingdom
1152 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2012 :  22:08:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
temps issues is more than likely down to the stat, on off or matstats are not for use with lighting or ceramics. once you get the pulse stat sorted out this will more than likely sort it out.

the rest of the setup sounds ok to me

Royals, Corns, Boa, Kings, Hoggy, Ratsnakes

Go to Top of Page

richard v
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2012 :  22:09:16  Show Profile  Click to see richard v's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Everything sounds ok, I struggle with my cool end temps this time of year mine currently sit around 28, I just try and open the windows when I get home get some air circulation in the room. I would not worry to much about humidity that's not that far off, as long as you up it a little when the snakes in shed, which you can do with a moss hide or misting twice a day.
Go to Top of Page

Tawfik47
Fully Grown Royal

Czech Republic
1584 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2012 :  14:36:02  Show Profile  Click to see Tawfik47's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I think we are concerned alot about temperature and humidity. in Blitz viv i turn of the light during the day so the temperature gets to 31C (50% humidity) and i turn it off during the night so it is around 27C (65% humidity), it differ in winter, but blitz seems okay with all that. he feed ok, shed ok thank God

1.0.0 Common Boa - Revo CB13

I had a royal python (Blitz) for two years for those who are wondering what I'm doing here with my boa :D
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000