New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

scorch
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2012 :  13:25:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No....not teltley or PG tips ...but my Tarantula collection. It consists of (so far) ...now this is off the top of my head so I may have missed something

0.1.0 Acanthoscurria geniculata (Giant Brazilian White knee)
0.1.0 Aphonopelma sp. new river (new river rust rump)
0.1.0 Avicularia metallica (metallic pink toe)
0.1.1 Avicularia versicolor (Martinique Pinktoe)
0.1.0 Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens (Green bottle blue)
0.0.1 Grammostola pulchripes (Chaco gold knee)
0.0.1 Grammostola pulchra (Brazilian Black)
0.1.0 Grammostola porteri (Chili rose)
0.0.1 Hapolopus sp. "Pumpkin Patch" <---
0.1.0 Lampropelma violaceopes ..(Singapore Blue)
0.1.0 Lasiodora parahybana (Salmon pink birdeater)
0.1.1 Poecilotheria ornata Juv (Fringed ornamental)
0.0.1 Poecilotheria metallica (Gooty saphire ornamental)
0.1.0 Poecilotheria striata juv (Mysore ornamental)
0.1.0 Poecilotheria subfusca (Ivory Ornamental)
0.0.1 Poecilotheria regalis (Indian Ornamental)
0.0.1 Poecilotheria pederseni (Pedersen's ornamental)
0.1.0 Phlogiellus Sp. "Goliath" (Qheensland goliath)
0.0.1 Psalmopoeus reduncus (Costa Rican Chevron)
0.1.0 Psalmopoeus irminia (Venezuelan sun tiger)
0.1.0 Pterinochilus murinus (Orange Bitey Thing)
0.1.0 Schizopelma sp. Tanzeri
0.0.1 Stromatopelma calceatum (Feather leg baboon)
0.0.1 Tapinauchenius violaceus (Purple tree spider)
0.0.1 Unidentified spiderling (The tub got swapped and I cant for the life of me remember what it is ....I think its a Brachypelma albopilosum, it's tiny so I guess I'll find out soon enough when it gets bigger)

Actually thought I had more !!

chrisc
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
3326 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2012 :  13:36:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nice collection any pics of the feather leg baboon? i may be getting one soon

1.0.0 burmese python,giblet. 1.0.0 BCI, william. 0.1.0 blue tongue skink, 0.1.0 green iguana, jasmin, 1.0.0 cape house snake, 0.1.0 checkered garter snake

my youtube. http://www.youtube.com/user/pegrocks
incubate 2 campaign
https://www.facebook.com/incubate2
Go to Top of Page

scorch
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2012 :  13:41:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No pics yet of it, it's only a little spiderling at the moment and lives in a web tunnel so I never see it. But by god the thing is fast when I do!! And it is growing fast too.
Go to Top of Page

chrisc

United Kingdom
3326 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2012 :  13:49:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ah right. ive done a bit of reading up about them they sound fun.
ive got a chilean rose an some scorpions but want something mental to play with

1.0.0 burmese python,giblet. 1.0.0 BCI, william. 0.1.0 blue tongue skink, 0.1.0 green iguana, jasmin, 1.0.0 cape house snake, 0.1.0 checkered garter snake

incubate 2 campaign
Go to Top of Page

scorch
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2012 :  14:13:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OBT's are good fun for something a little different and feisty, my Pokies are all very fast, wouldn't fancy getting a bite though as they use venom rather than hairs for attack/defense so their venom is far more potent. I don't handle my T's though apart from the pink toes tbh.... as things like to bite me lol
Go to Top of Page

chrisc

United Kingdom
3326 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2012 :  14:22:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
did read that with the feather legs there is no threat posture just run at you an bite.
yes not one i would even think about holding, have handled my chilean rose a couple of times but not held the scorpions yet.

what are the ornamental's like?

incubate 2 campaign
Go to Top of Page

scorch
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2012 :  14:35:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I LOVE the ornamentals.... or should I say Orna-MENTALS. They grow fast and I think all of them are beautiful spiders, especially my Gooty Saphire, its getting stunning adult colours through now. They can be agressive however, most prefer to hide rather than bite. One of my ornata is a scary lady and rushes at me whenever I go near, and I really don't want a bite from her after reading the bite reports. So I keep a very wary eye on her as she teleports rather than runs !!
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2012 :  15:26:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow thats some my shopping list, I mean your Tarantula list, my mistake.

My OBT is a ***** cat, totally docile but I have never cornered it to find out what it does, I have handled it but it was by accident and I couldn't tell you what I did to not get bit as it happened so fast I have no idea what happened. My most fearless one is the one I worry about and its my Salmon Pink, she is a big girl (not confirmed she just is female until proven otherwise) and fearless, I always have a drinking straw to hand when cleaning her out etc as she will just come over and bite anything that is infront of her, she has never hair flicked though not even postured like she might. My Chilean is a Jeykl & Hyde type, it will be all relaxed and will suddenly freak out, rise up all defensive then will just forget and carry on all nice again, also a real pain for feeding too, she eats rarely. I almost killed her a while back too, I dropped her tub and she ended up pinned under a piece of bark, I have never felt to guilty but she was fine thank goodness. She is also the only one that has bit me, luckily it was my fingernail that took the fangs so I didn't get envenomated.

Have you delved into Scorpion territory yet? I find mine amazing, I was feeding it yesterday and it is normally docile and hides in its burrow, it was out this time though and oh boy it was not happy at me been there, cleaning up and dropping in a cricket it kept charging at me, the straw had to be gotten out, lol.

Tarantulas are amazing creatures, so complex and alien, you have to fear them a little & respect them a lot to be successful & safe keeping them.

Go to Top of Page

scorch
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2012 :  15:41:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I completely agree with the fear and respect part of Tarantula keeping. I have a healthy repect for my lot lol

I have had scorpions, but they, for some strange reason, completely freak me out. Utterly bizarre little creatures.

My Giant white knee will pounce at everything that moves in her tank, even if it is just drops of water going in to her bowl, or me, so I tend to use loooooong forceps for everything in her tank....and she is a really bad hair flicker too.

The salmon pink is still smallish but shows a similar attitude to yours by the sounds of it... not looking forward to rehousing her which I will need to do soon.

I have a real thing about spiders (as you may have guessed) I lovel raising them from little tiny spiderlings too as it is fab to watch them grow. Have you tried sexing the salmon pink from one of her moults?

I dropped my chilean in the same way...I felt awful...poor thing, she was fine though but I swear she tutted at me before starting to put her house back together again
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2012 :  19:23:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah Salmons are fun to rehome, mine is quite the size now too, living in a 9 litre rub

Thats a medium exoterra hide, she just about fits through the door, one more moult and it will be a squeeze lol

Go to Top of Page

scorch
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 22/08/2012 :  14:55:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ohhhhhhh lovely. I nearly lost my Queensland Goliath day before yesterday. Was curled up, had to hand feed him water...perked right up now
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000