Native critters
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

carlb1981
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1527 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2012 :  16:49:04  Show Profile  Visit carlb1981's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Right i attempted to tackle the jungle that is my garden today and was side tracked by a wee froggy hopping away from me when i nearly stood on it managed to catch it and take a few pics but also found a few big slugs while i was chasing the frog through the grass, i know you might think im strange for saying this but i thought the slug was quite pretty I've never really payed much attention to them before so don't know if they normally look like this but i thought it was pretty with the orange belly so took pics of one of them too lol.

So since we all take photos of our exotic critters and share them i thought id start a thread where we can all post pics of things we can find here in good old blighty even in our back gardens what you think????

I'll start with the two critters i photographed today

3.3.0 Royals,Yellow Belly -Marty,Fire YB-Fred,Mojave-Mo,Butter Pinstripe-Betty,Pewter-Newt,Normal-Molly
0.1.0 Snow Cornsnake- Lumi
1.1.0 Hypo Sonoran Dwarf Boa-Bart and Maggie
0.1.0 Albino Pine Snake-Ruby
1.0.0 Bredli Python-Brian
1.0.0 Western Hognose-Hal
1.0.0 Kayuadi Retic-Kaa
0.1.0 Honduran Milksnake-Jubbly
1.1.0 Salmon Boas-Hershey and Sam
0.2.0 Leopard Geckos-Spot and Chocolate
1.4.0 Dune Geckos
0.1.0 Beardie-Cookie
0.3.7 Tarantulas
0.0.1 Pandinus Imperator/emperor scorpion

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2012 :  21:46:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww a lovely Common Frog and I do believe that is a rather rubbishly named Red Slug. I like wildlife that can be found on your doorstep, often overlooked and more often beautiful.

Go to Top of Page

BlueDragon
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
876 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2012 :  08:46:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, I like this idea : )

I love Frogs and Toads. And I think Slugs can be pretty as well. I like Lepard Slugs. And if you like ones with orange bellies you should keep your eye out for the black Slugs with bright orange bellies. They do tend to stand out a bit!

I have tons of photos of wildlife (being a wildlife photographer 'n' all) and I got some photos of all the little things in my and my mam's gardens. I got some photos of things I've found in the house as well, like all the Zebedi Spiders (Zebra Jumping Spider, they're all called Zebedi!) Got photos of Snails and Butterflies and Hoverflies...

Just me and my zoo.
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2012 :  08:54:15  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Looks great :D

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

Meadow
Yearling

United Kingdom
196 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2012 :  10:02:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love watching frogs and toads around the garden Great pics!

1.1.0 human beasties
0.1.0 royal python

“It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.” - Alan Cohen
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000